Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

I got it, folks! Magnetic Pearl w/o Nav sitting in my driveway right now next to my wife's Highlander Hybrid. Now, I've never driven a HCH before -- only hybrid experience was with my wife's car. I've put about 30 miles on it and it's showing 36mpg at this time.

I'm sure it'll get better as I get better, as well as when it's more broken in.

But, right now, I am sooooo first on my block. Stereo sounds pretty good and the aux input works great with my MP3 player. Interior layout very comfortable. Wiper blade action pretty cool, too. Climate control good. Audio controls easy to figure out.

So far, so good! I'll report back after I get home from my 84 mile r/t to work and back tomorrow.

Later,

Don

Old 11-09-2005, 07:00 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by dshelman
I got it, folks! Magnetic Pearl w/o Nav sitting in my driveway right now next to my wife's Highlander Hybrid. Now, I've never driven a HCH before -- only hybrid experience was with my wife's car. I've put about 30 miles on it and it's showing 36mpg at this time.

I'm sure it'll get better as I get better, as well as when it's more broken in.

But, right now, I am sooooo first on my block. Stereo sounds pretty good and the aux input works great with my MP3 player. Interior layout very comfortable. Wiper blade action pretty cool, too. Climate control good. Audio controls easy to figure out.

So far, so good! I'll report back after I get home from my 84 mile r/t to work and back tomorrow.

Later,

Don
Hi dshelman; I am like soooooooo (Happy) For you and can't wait for further updates on your next post after the R/T to work and back. How about taken note as to how quite the interior noise level is while driving out on the road. How much power does it seem like to you that it has? How about that CVT (continous-variable-transmission) ?

Give us all the scoop on your new HCH because some of us that are waiting to get ours, would really like to here all the story.

So; don't leave any facts out or your opinions.

Regards;

Terry

BTW; Congrads On Your New HCH:

Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Im so excited to see there getting in folks hands around here!!! Im almost giddy about it and Im not getting one. hehehehe

Old 11-09-2005, 07:46 PM

Great to hear, dschelman; you definitely have to keep us updated on how the car handles and of course the mileage you're getting. I'm curious about the engine's RPM numbers at highway speeds as well.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Accidental Hybrid Fan

Picked up my wifes car tonight.
So far so good. Going to take some time to get used to the CVT.
Paid MSRP as I said before.
here are some photos.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by S2000 Driver
Picked up my wifes car tonight.
So far so good. Going to take some time to get used to the CVT.
Paid MSRP as I said before.
here are some photos.

I just looked at your (Pics.) and for some strange reason they look really funny looking like there washed out or almost like a Negative. Have you tried looking at them once you down loaded them to this site?

Anyway; regardless of that (Congrads) and I hope you will post more about the car as far as driving it and what about that CVT Trans.? I have never driven a car with that in my life so you are making me wonder what's up with the CVT? Elaborate Please!!! How much Power does the car have in passing or keeping up with traffic flow? What about in the city driving from light to light? How quite is it on the inside on the Hwy. or in the city around other vehicles?

Terry

Old 11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Accidental Hybrid Fan

Photos look fine to me.
My wife drove it home from the dealer.
CVT is strange. You keep waiting for it to shift...and it never does!
Highway power is fine. I didnt get on it. Want to wait till after the first 600 miles.
I can tell you that the car is MUCH smoother than the regular EX sedan we tested. On the highway the car is very quiet and comfortable. At least as quiet if not more so than our VW Touareg V8.
hope that helps.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 PM

I'd say the camera lens was wet when he took the pictures. It's obvious it was raining since we can see the wet tire trails so he probably had the camera outside at one point.

Anyway that Galaxy Gray color looks sexy, as far as can be seen in a garage. Thanks for the pictures, S2000.

EDIT: If you're wondering what we're talking about, S2000, it's the pale circles seen all over the first picture. I'm sure they're beads of water on the lens.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___At least we know they are finally here! I am heading out to my local Honda dealership in the early afternoon to see if they got one in yet … And if they will let me take it for a ride … And I will have a camera … And …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Accidental Hybrid Fan

I was my wifes canon elf digital camera.
spends most of its life in her purse. Im sure its a speck of crud.

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands