Custom Sunshade for the 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Custom Sunshade for the 2006

I am a big fan of Covercraft who makes custom sunshades. For those of you in the sun states, you'll know what I am talking about. I've been waiting for them to design for the new window and finally just emailed them. Here is their response:

Per our designer we just released the new pattern today. UV10964

The new part number is not in our on-line lookup yet so you will probably need to call your order in to the retailer you are going to purchase through.
I received my custom sunshade for my '06 today and it fits perfectly.

I use AutoAnything and right now they are offering free shipping. You have to phone it in as of this date because they did not have their website updated.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
YA RLY.
Default Re: Custom Sunshade for the 2006

It's there now

http://www.autoanything.com/products...aspx?p_id=1228

Old 03-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Energy Independence

Thanks, Sledge.

I like Covercraft, as well. (Sun-state'r, here. )

Old 03-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Curious, does it really make any difference over the universal ones? I live in new mexico and rarely bother to put one up at all - in summer it's still reactor-core-hot inside my car whether I use it or not - so do you really get that much more for ten times the money?

Old 03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I use the Eclipse Sun Shade. It is like a pleated shade that retracts to the side of the windshield. I have had it on both Odysseys, my Pilot and the Sub. I kept the one from the Pilot and will put it in the Civic. Even though it will be a bit short in length, it will cover most of the window. And if I don't like it, I'll end up ordering a new one.

Here is their website... http://store.eclipsesunshades.net/index.html

I just looked...$39.99 with free shipping. After seeing the price, I just ordered it, too. Why not get the one that fits right...

Last edited by mochisushi; 03-07-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by mochisushi
I use the Eclipse Sun Shade. It is like a pleated shade that retracts to the side of the windshield. I have had it on both Odysseys, my Pilot and the Sub. I kept the one from the Pilot and will put it in the Civic. Even though it will be a bit short in length, it will cover most of the window. And if I don't like it, I'll end up ordering a new one.

Here is their website... http://store.eclipsesunshades.net/index.html

I just looked...$39.99 with free shipping. After seeing the price, I just ordered it, too. Why not get the one that fits right...
I have wwondered about those too... they seem like they might be sort of hokey, binding up or getting in the way, but I've never seen them up close. Do they last a long time without sagging or falling apart? Easy to keep clean?

Old 03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I've never had a problem with them. No sagging as the retract quite strongly. Never had them fall apart even though the Denver area has pretty strong UV rays due to the altitude. The one in the Sub is actually from our '99 Odyssey that I trimmed to fit the smaller windshield. So, it has been in operation for nearly seven years (we bought the '99 in May of '99).

Every now and then, when retracting, a few of the pleats will get folded over. If you leave them that way, it will tend to crease and will always want to fold that way. But all you do is pull it back out and let it retract again. This rarely happens, though. And if it does crease, I just adjust the crease, let the shade retract and leave it close for a while...it goes back to normal.

As far as getting in the way, I'm a person that hates anything in the field of vision. I was sure that I was going to hate these, but my sister-in-law has it on her Previa and my wife wanted it when we bought the first Ody. It isn't in the way as far as I'm concerned and it doesn't impede my vision.

The best thing is that when you don't need it, you don't have to fold it up and find a place to store it that will be convenient the next time it is needed. Just grab the tab on each side, pull them together and the velcro on each side stick together. Anyway, it's probably all just personal preference, but the convenience of having these "self storing" is fantastic.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:40 AM

I'd never use that Eclipse Sunshade.
It looks like it is permanantly installed at the pillars.
It may interfere with window curtain airbag deployment.

I wouldn't even take a chance.
Safety is more important.

Last edited by kenny; 03-08-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by gumby
Thanks, Sledge.

I like Covercraft, as well. (Sun-state'r, here. )
BTW, use the coupon code EXCLUSIVE10 and get $10 off any order over $50. If you buy the little bag for your shade, it will push your order over $50. Using the code, you essentially get the bag for free

Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 AM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Originally Posted by kenny
I'd never use that Eclipse Sunshade.
It looks like it is permanantly installed at the pillars.
It may interfere with window curtain airbag deployment.

I wouldn't even take a chance.
Safety is more important.
Nope. It attaches to the windshield next to the pillar. The side curtain airbags come down from the ceiling, not the pillar. With the thickness of the pillar, the shade doesn't stick out as far as the pillar does...Shouldn't be any issue with the side curtain airbag.

Quick Reply: Custom Sunshade for the 2006

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands