Civic Hybrid Interior and Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Civic Hybrid Interior and Exterior

I like my civic hybrid because of it's performance and I'm satisfied with it actually. Aside from that, I'm also wowed by the interior and exterior of my civic hybrid although some suggest that they're not amazed still I'm proud that I have one. Any opinion or suggestion?

Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid Interior and Exterior

I have no complaints as well. I find it very comfortable and a very FE auto. H

Old 05-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
I have no complaints as well. I find it very comfortable and a very FE auto. H
Well, then we are both satisfied with our hybrid. You're very right that it is very comfortable plus the fact that overall it's pretty cool. That's nice to know bro at least.

Last edited by GreenBoy; 05-17-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM

One of the coolest things about the HCH in my opinion is that I have BLUE seats! Every other car on the road (built in the last 10 years) has either a tan or a black interior--how boring!

I've said for years that the HCH is the most ergonomicly perfect car I've ever driven. Everything is in exactly the right place (especially the speedometer) and everything just feels right.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:34 PM

I find the HCH2 very ergonomically perfect as well. Everything is in the correct position and shaped just perfect for my feel. H

Old 05-18-2010, 08:15 PM

On the inside:

Our white 06 came with a tanned colored interior, very light tone, shows the grime very quickly. The included carpet-style mats are the same light tone. We put in black rubber all-season mats asap, almost a necessity.

The right side small triangular window, just adjacent to the side view mirror, has a piece of trim along the bottom that is always coming loose.

The trim piece around the transmission shifter is silver painted black plastic that quickly accumulated scarring from key rings.

On the outside:

The leading edges of the rear wheel wells have 2 layers spot-welded together. Dirt/salt has gotten trapped in between the layers and caused some rusting. I cleaned it out, etched/primed/painted, and now periodically shoot some rust-preventing oil into the gaps. So far it's worked.

The rear window has a recessed edge that collects pine needles etc., fairly difficult to get them out. They migrate down into a recess behind the tail light trim, getting even more entrenched.

The door sills have no protection trim of any kind, and are quick to accumulate scratches.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pros: The dash layout is very cool. Built in XM radio is nice.
Cons: Should have heated seat as standard equipment.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:15 AM

Yes Mendel I know where your coming from as I have taffeta white model as well. I have all those problems as well , but will correct them as time goes by. I am already looking at leather interior and will probably do it next year. As for the sills try installing some clear 3m stone protection over the sills.Easy fix. You can always repaint the dash parts and protect them with the same 3m tape?
cheers;

H

Old 05-19-2010, 09:27 PM

I've been thinking to strip the paint off the shifter bezel, I saw some Civic's in the dealership with plain black, looked ok, but kinda like the burnished look. Also, am a little nervous about the stripper. I've tested on the back surface, but not sure.

Regarding all the fix-ups you suggest: yes, there are things you can do, but still: these are shortcomings of the car, I don't think you should have to do so much. I'll mostly just let it slide, get the burnished look

Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 AM

Thats what I do as well Mendel. I just get out the touch up paint! H