Cheap way to add ipod functionality to your civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Cheap way to add ipod functionality to your civic

I have been looking a while for a way to control my ipod through my steering whell without having to shell out close to 150 dollars.

I found this line of products that works great in my 2006 civic hybrid even though they do not claim to be compatible for the 2006 line.

On mine I can toggle between the first five playlists on my steering wheel and can go forward track backward track FF RR. On my head unit I can hit random and repeat. I am not able to do random within an album. Additionally it charges your ipod

You can find them on ebay going dirt cheap. I won my for under 35 including shipping. They have been discontinued but they are the same technology as the ones at Diceelectronics.

search for dension and honda r3.

here is the one that I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6433&rd=1&rd=1

Old 01-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Cheap way to add ipod functionality to your civic

This looks pretty nice, especially for the price.
I see you have the 2006 Civic.
To clarify some - Is it with NAV, or without? I suspect it may make a difference so those considering such a purchase.
Also, did you install this yourself? Was it difficult?
Thanks.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Cheap way to add ipod functionality to your civic

Without nav. I did it myself and took about an hour and a half at a leisurely pace. I followed directions from here http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3534. All in all it was a peace of cake