Car Jerky?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 AM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl
Default Re: Car Jerky?

Originally Posted by exbauer
I have the same problem with the jerkiness. I wonder if any of the HCH I have this problem and if it is normal? When you are going 5-7 mph I think it is going in and out of auto stop trying to figure out if it should go into auto stop. I have learned to speed up in theses situations or slow down.
I think thats it, as mine is the same way...sort of in between sutting down for the stop and letting back up off the brake and starting back up. To me, its like driving a stick shift and not being the greatest on the clutch.

Havn't really given it any serious thought or concerns.

Bob

Old 05-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Car Jerky?

To second Bob, yes, the HCH I does it, too, often at or around 7-8 mph. If I brake or hit the gas it stops doing it. Usually I run into this if I'm braking and then someone changes lanes or something so I have more space than I thought before I have to stop, so I ease up on the brake and coast a little more before braking again. Sometimes during that middle coast, the engine, I assume, is *close* to turning itself off, but changes its mind several times rapidly.

I am guessing it has something to do with the mechanism that controls whether the AS engages or not. Since I don't have an EV mode, I know that the EV switchover is not the problem, at least not the one I've experienced- you may be seeing something else altogether under different conditions. Hope this helps some of you.