Car audio

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Car audio

Those AIWA's were nice (especially the second one, and for that price!). I hate to lose the stock unit (it matches so nice- !) but just being able to plug it in, with no wires hanging around, would be nice.
Thanks.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

i know what you mean - i use the iTrip too for my iPod and am disappointed with its overboosted and muffled bass, and not so great treble response (what can you expect from 87.9 MHz FM?)

interference from other radio stations must also be annoying for you, especially in SF..

plus the fact that i have to change the broadcasting channel to 99.9 MHz by the time i reach Saratoga in the South Bay annoys me greatly, since 87.9 MHz is a strong radio signal in that area

all these things have convinced me to get a direct-plug in receiver like the Aiwas, a project i'll work on in summer on my car

keep us posted about your ipod-connection solution for your civic hybrid

Old 05-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Master Commander

Hey Guys,

I just finished installing my new headunit for my 2005 HCH. Everything went well except for one thing. I directly connected my delphi skyfi2 to my aux input in my new Dual xd7600. The problem is that when I either start up my car, accelerate, or keep it idle without autostop, there is a good amount of static. But when I have the key half turned (using battery power) and when I am in autostop, there seems to be no interference and the sound comes in smoothly. Any suggestions on what is going on and how I should be able to fix it? Also, no static on my FM.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:54 AM

Is the antenna from the skyfi tied to or running close to any power lines?

Old 05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Master Commander

Hey tbaleno,

I do not know where the power lines are located at for the 2005 HCH. Would they be the black lines behind the receiver panel? I think it might be resting on one of those, would that be the problem and also how far away would I need to place the cable to be free from the electronic interference? Could I possibly buy something that would cover my wire up so that the interference wouldn't go through like tubbing or something and from where? I'm a newb at this and so you guys and crutchfield are my only friends. Ha.

Last edited by Kangeroo82; 05-09-2005 at 02:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

Have you tried a ground loop isolator? It isn't the most elegant solution but they're easy to install and only cost a few bucks.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Master Commander

Oh hell yeah!

Thanks everyone for the help in directing installing my XM. After tubing all my wiring, I figured out that there was no problem with the powerline. Ha. But good thing I bought that ground loop isolater, which I bought at RadioShack because once I put it on, everything was A-OK. One thing though if you get the same setup as me and try to directly connect... you are going to have to buy a two sided female RCA adapter for the ground loop isolater bought at RadioShack since both that and the Dual receiver have male RCA ends. It is only about $12 at Circuit City and works fine. It was the Monsterlink Phonolink blah, blah, blah. But I only found it there. Anyways, I'm finally finished and proud of the work. The system I setup was not only cheap, but one of the better setups that I have heard without an amplifier or subs. Infinity 6002si (49.99) in front, Kicker ks60 (99.99) in back, and Dual XD7600 (159.99) as the receiver. Crutchfield is great and tells you everything real nice. One thing with the receiver is that you have to follow the '03 EX description first when removing. Also, there's a 10 off no shipping promotion code that you can find online for Crutchfield: PA139 i think, but don't quote me on that. Alright, I'm just psych'd that I did this all myself (well with the help of you guys, of course). I'm going to go cruise now, peace all.

Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

Rollin' down the street smokin' Indo, sippin' on gin and juice.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

i have an aiwa cdc x304, kenwood 1679, and 1669 speakers coming in thursday will update after install congrats kangeroo!

i know for 2001+ civics, you have to remove the entire front door panels to access the front door speakers. for the rear deck, my guess is you have to remove the rear seat cushion, rear seat back, and then the plastic cover over the rear deck. for the head unit, you have to remove the center console cover, dc adapter/switch panel, and unscrew the whole heater control assembly to get to the radio. (i think you can just pry and pop all the clips but might damage the plastic/dash) anybody can confirm/advise me on this?

Last edited by bluecivichybrid; 05-10-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Master Commander

Hey Bluecivic,

Yeah, you are pretty much right about the removal of the head unit. You first have to remove the two layers of the panel that your stick is in the middle of if you have a CVT and then remove the cigarette lighter panel by unscrewing two screws, popping out 4 tabs located right by the parking break with a flat head screwdriver and then a little bit of pressure out and towards and you can start working on the control panel. There are two screws underneath which you can take out with a 8mm rachet and then you will have to pretty much pry out the whole control panel. I took some electric tape and placed it around the panel so I wouldn't stratch up all the plastic. I think it is easier starting from the top right or left and making your way down with a couple of flat head screwdrivers. Then the rest is self-explanatory, but the plug behind the 3 buttons on the left side was pretty hard to get out. you have to pull out the whole black plug and not just the white if the setup is the same as mine. I have a 2005 HCH CVT. Alright, have fun with it and try to be careful when prying anything.

Last edited by Kangeroo82; 05-11-2005 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Car audio

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands