Canadian Government not helping HCH sales

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Canadian Government not helping HCH sales

Yeah i aggree with soleiel24

that the ex with auto is probably the closest match to the hybrid with the exception of the conventional auto tranny, sunroof, and 16" rims.

$28,295.75 for the EX with everything (taxes and freight)
and $31,078.75 for the hybrid with everything (taxes and freight)
difference of $2,783
minus the $1000 dollars canadian gov't incentive (if it's really true)
then the difference would be at $1,783

I strongly believe it's also the dealers being uptight about the prices because they know people are willing to buy it but they are using the excuse of the supply is low and the demand is high (which is probably true) and they are only taking customers right now who are willing to pay full price or over and are very persistant on NOT giving discounts with this car. I too have been searching since last october and no dealer would be willing to make a deal with me, not even $200 off the sticker price!, but i finally found one who knocked off $1000 last week and made a deal at just less than $30k CAD plus the gov't incentive of $1000. so that puts it near the same price as an EX with auto.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamelFilters
Yeah i aggree with soleiel24

that the ex with auto is probably the closest match to the hybrid with the exception of the conventional auto tranny, sunroof, and 16" rims.

$28,295.75 for the EX with everything (taxes and freight)
and $31,078.75 for the hybrid with everything (taxes and freight)
difference of $2,783
minus the $1000 dollars canadian gov't incentive (if it's really true)
then the difference would be at $1,783

I strongly believe it's also the dealers being uptight about the prices because they know people are willing to buy it but they are using the excuse of the supply is low and the demand is high (which is probably true) and they are only taking customers right now who are willing to pay full price or over and are very persistant on NOT giving discounts with this car. I too have been searching since last october and no dealer would be willing to make a deal with me, not even $200 off the sticker price!, but i finally found one who knocked off $1000 last week and made a deal at just less than $30k CAD plus the gov't incentive of $1000. so that puts it near the same price as an EX with auto.
I'm not aware of any canadian gov't incentive but I know that there is a $1,000 for Ontario gov't. I know there is also a few other province with incentive but for sure Quebec province is not ready to do anything to help people to buy a hybrid car... The way it's work here, they will probably charge us a tax because we are using hybrid vehicule.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast

The Canadian goverement website has a contact option. I used it to tell them that their information is wrong and that they should be encouraging Hybrid use rather than discouraging it. Definitely the comparison has to be btween the EX and the HCHII. With the exception of the sun roof the HCH is better equipped.
The only tax incentive I know of is a $1,000 rebate on Retail Sales tax from the Ontario provincial government.