Blue LED interior trim kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Blue LED interior trim kit

Anybody out there splurge for this? Not on the Honda website anymore, but it did sound at least a little interesting.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Blue LED interior trim kit

I know somebody said they put a piece of colour gel (the stuff used for stage lighting) inside the dome light cover as a cheap alternative.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast

Yup, I bought in. It's actually pretty cool looking. But that's it. Cool looking. If you have the extra dough and are into really techy stuff you'd probably dig it.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Have any pics you could post? I passed on it simply because the description was so incredibly vague.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I did it as well, and I agree with Panda. Its cool, but thats about all its good for. Looks really cool at night though....

Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone self-install it? It's not too expensive, if you can do-it-yourself.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Z71
Enthusiast

Just had mine installed by the dealer today. Negotiated for $190 installed since was screwed with $550 alarm I did not want or need. Cool at night but you can spend your money better elsewhere.
Rick

Old 04-12-2006, 06:47 AM

I thought about it, but then I read the installation instructions at handa-accessories.com and it says you have to sacrifice the little storage cubbyhole on the left side of the dash for the on/off switch.

I just thought it would be nice if it would come on when you open the doors, so you could see the footwell when you're sitting down.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
Anyone self-install it? It's not too expensive, if you can do-it-yourself.
I installed this weekend. I got from H & A Accessories quite cheap. It isn't too tough to install. Yes you do lose the pocket to the left of the steering wheel where the switches go. Took me a couple hours taking my time.

You pop off a few dashboard panels and route the wiring harness. Probably the hardest thing is the routing of the wire based on looking at the instructions. That isn't too bad. Just find the big fat main wirning harness & follow that. Then pop everything out the middle console & then the end one back around and out from under the glove box.

Overall, it looks nice at night. Not too bright. Just a soft LED glow under the dash for the driver & front passenger & in the middle pocket area. Basically, 3 small LED light just mount onto the dash board.

I bought this when I bought the mud flaps which were VERY easy to install. I do recommend that you jack up the back end a bit to make access easier to put the screws in for the back ones. Easier than removing the tires & makes things a lot quicker & less frustrating. Also, it's easiest if you break the pin attaching the deflector with a pair of pliers rather than trying to remove it.

The front ones are simplistic to install.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:16 PM

I don't remember losing it, I still have it as far as I know, Paola is getting her oil changed, so I will look after I get it back.

Quick Reply: Blue LED interior trim kit

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands