Beige interior OWNERS, any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Beige interior OWNERS, any regrets?

Howdy to '06 HCH beige interior owners,

I've read a number of posts from people who speculated that the beige interior would soil quickly and look dirty.

Now that the '06 HCH has been out for a few months, I'm hoping that some of you who have the beige interior can share your real-world experience. I'm a neat person, but it's still not too late to change my order, if beige is really that bad.

For owners: Has beige held up? Does it clean easily? What are the problem areas (such as console, seats, door armrests, carpet)? Would you buy beige again, or switch to blue two-tone next time?

Thanks for your advice.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Default Re: Beige interior OWNERS, any regrets?

I have an 03 with beige interior (about 40 months old, 50K miles) - I really have no complaints. I got the rubber all-weather mats, which I'd say is a must. I've spot-cleaned the interior with carpet cleaner, and used a steam cleaner once. I think it's holding up quite well actually. I like the lighter color because it seems to store less heat in the summer. Had a light-grey been available I probably would have selected that, but I've been OK with the beige.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My friend bought a beige interior 04 HCH at the same time I bought a charcoal interior one.

After two years hers looked like crap and mine looked new.

Neither of us used any kind of cleaners on the upolstry or carpeting.

A lighter color WILL shot dirt faster than a dirt-colored one.
What matters is YOUR tolerance to it and willingness to maintain it.
Also if you have pets or kids or live where it snows or rains a lot you don't want beige.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have had mine only a month and like many have replaced the mats with the black all season. The beige mats get dirty pretty easily and probably would need regular maintenance depending on your tolerance for dirt.

In my short time with the vehicle I have had no problems with the interior. I did Scotch Gard it a couple times so hopefully that will help some.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

If it makes you feel any better, the blue interior still has beige material on handles/doors which are a likely area to get dirty. Try Scotch-guarding and see if that helps.