Average MPG display

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Average MPG display

I brought my 06 HCH back to my dealer today to address the 63 mile reset problem. Honda tech would not ackowledge the problem and offered no solutions. My dealer said if no solution is forthcoming they would need to videotape the actual event, pull the gauge and send it to Honda until satisfaction is acheived!

I appeal to all with this defect to bring it in to your dealer for repair so at least Honda will acknowledge we are not idiots.

Love the car but will not accept a defective vehicle and encourage all to adopt the same posture.

Thanks
Biglakerider

Old 01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Average MPG display

Originally Posted by biglakerider
I brought my 06 HCH back to my dealer today to address the 63 mile reset problem. Honda tech would not ackowledge the problem and offered no solutions. My dealer said if no solution is forthcoming they would need to videotape the actual event, pull the gauge and send it to Honda until satisfaction is acheived!

I appeal to all with this defect to bring it in to your dealer for repair so at least Honda will acknowledge we are not idiots.

Love the car but will not accept a defective vehicle and encourage all to adopt the same posture.

Thanks
Biglakerider
Hi;

What was the Build Date on your HCH ll?

Mine was suppose to be Built-On-1/17/2006 and I am just wondering if this {Problem} was fixed by then.

Your right in what your saying about get those HCH ll's into your Dealers so that they {Report-To-Honda} this FE Gauge reading "Problem".

If everyone does not do that, (IMO) the problem will be along time in getting a {Correct-Fix} from Honda to correct this situation.

Infact I think if we as Members Of GreenHybrid could figure out away to get this {Problem} to one of the many Magazines out there, you can bet Honda will Jump all over themselves to get it corrected and Right-Now.

Remember the Prius {Cutting-Off}? How long did it take for Toyota to correct the Problem once the Magazines got hold of the Situation:

Terry
Waiting to take delivery, February

Old 01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Average MPG display

I am not sure how to ascertain build date but by serial # was between the 4000-5000 car buillt if that helped. It arrived mid Dec to be placed into service in 2006.

Biglakerider

Old 01-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

Remember the Prius {Cutting-Off}? How long did it take for Toyota to correct the Problem once the Magazines got hold of the Situation:
I don't know the answer to that, but clearly it was a more serious problem. Still I hope there is some way we can act as a group. Someone who has been in direct touch with Honda Care might talk to them about assigning one individual to track the problem, and agreeing that all of us who have seen it will give him a call. Then Honda will get a good sense of how many people are seeing the problem.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Average MPG display

Originally Posted by ElanC
I don't know the answer to that, but clearly it was a more serious problem. Still I hope there is some way we can act as a group. Someone who has been in direct touch with Honda Care might talk to them about assigning one individual to track the problem, and agreeing that all of us who have seen it will give him a call. Then Honda will get a good sense of how many people are seeing the problem.
Hi elan;
To bring you up to speed on the Prius. The Prius, (Some-Of) them while driving down the road would just stop running. To correct the Problem Toyota did a Software up-date and that corrected the Prius from cutting off while driving them down the road. The Magazines just wore the subject in the Ground. The good think was that toyota jumped on the problem and got it resolved very quickly.

Thats why I was referring to that situation as far as Honda is concerned. I think your Idea is Excellent to contact Honda and let them know this is not just a very few of the 06 HCH ll's but is much more wide spread.

Good Luck;

Terry

Old 01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi elan;
To bring you up to speed on the Prius. The Prius, (Some-Of) them while driving down the road would just stop running. To correct the Problem Toyota did a Software up-date and that corrected the Prius from cutting off while driving them down the road. The Magazines just wore the subject in the Ground. The good think was that toyota jumped on the problem and got it resolved very quickly.
Yes, I know what the issue was with the Prius. I was just commenting that it was a much more serious problem than we have with the HCH's MPG readout. If the Prius engine shut off just as you were crossing railroad tracks, for example, you could be in real danger. Nobody is going to die from a wrong PMG readout on the HCH. (Unless they are so obssessive about mileage that they commit suicide when they discover the numbers are wrong).

Old 01-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I really don't believe there is a big problem as most think it is about the mpg gauge. Yes, mine does a recalculation every 60-65 miles but in the end, my gauge was off by .02mpg according to manual calculations when I filled the car up.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Seeing as how there's little progress regarding the root cause of the reset, I'll wait until my first oil change and hit 'em up then. I think a lot of folks are doing that. I'd like to be more proactive, but I'm just way too busy to mess with it right now. That being said, I really appreciate those of you that are insistant with their dealer service departments. Thanks for what you are doing for the rest of us.

Don

Old 01-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Question Re: Average MPG display

Hi;

What was the Build Date on your HCH ll?

Mine was suppose to be Built-On-1/17/2006 and I am just wondering if this {Problem} was fixed by then.
I started a thread yesterday with the title of "Build Date?" abnd the only responce I got was that the date was on the lable on the driver side door jamb. My car has a build date, per this lable, of 12/05. How were you able to narrow your build date down to the day??

Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Razorx

Originally Posted by lkewin
I started a thread yesterday with the title of "Build Date?" abnd the only responce I got was that the date was on the lable on the driver side door jamb. My car has a build date, per this lable, of 12/05. How were you able to narrow your build date down to the day??
Per Honda, this appears to be a random occurrence that is not definable by a vin range or build date. Don't know about that story. It is a reasonable assumption that this problem could be bracketed by a build date range, however it may not be true. From Honda service rep, there has not been a fix applied to any new cars yet.

Quick Reply: Average MPG display

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands