Auto Stop

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Stop

I think the presumption is that it will be able to creep with just the IMA, given the description of the new engine and IMA system from a week or so ago.

It's a good thing, too. We HCH drivers don't need any more reasons for Billy Joe Bob pickup-truck-driver to get mad at us...

Old 07-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

The HAH I test drove last month will auto stop any time the car is stopped, regardless of whether you went 1 mph or 10 in between. Also, the A/C keeps running when autostopped (both VERY nice features). So, Honda has obviously figured this out. I don't know if these things are available becuase of the engineering differences between the two, or if some future HCH will benefit. I hope so.

BTW - maybe I'm alone but I don't fuss too much with tricking the car into autostop. I'll just run without the ECON button on hot days. My 60 minute commute is bad enough - I just can force myself to suffer any further. If it hits the mileage, so be it. I'm at the point where it's not worth 1-2 mpg to be overly pre-occupied with maximizing the car. Sometimes I just want to get home from work. :-)

Old 08-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

as for doing a Neutral coast and then shifting back into drive, i've been doing this for years in many different cars and by far the smoothest shift back to drive has been in the HCH with CVT. i dont think it hurts the car in any way as there is no lurching of any kind and no upshoot or downshoot of the RPMs. of course this is all just speculation, if anybody else has any hard evidence of why it is bad or not so bad please chime in.

also, has anybody else been sitting at a stop while in drive and not auto-stopped, and then shifted into neutral to get the car to auto-stop? i swear this has happened to me a few times already and i've only owned the car for around 1-2 weeks

Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___From all the 06 Civic Hybrid press releases I have read, the new HCH does have an EV mode capability but I have also read in those same HONDA press releases that it will not EV mode from a stop. That defeats a lot of EV’s main purpose so I think they are simply spinning over the ICE from slower speeds but not from a stop. I will try and find the various links later for the exact wording but the one I keyed in on said it would not EV from a stop but from some slow speed on up. Where up is can be anyone’s guess … until someone actually receives one that is

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Maybe their ev mode is 35mph to 55mpg. That would be very useful. We are just going to have to wait and see what they did.