Auto Shut-off / restart

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Auto Shut-off / restart

I have a 2005 HCH 5spd, when the car is in auto off mode at a stop it turns off fine. When i shift back into first (car normally starts) sometimes it just won't start up and being so quiet and smooth I don't realize it. As I am letting off the clutch nothing happens. Then when I push the clutch back in the car will eventually start again. I have about 15500 miles on the car and it is only about 6 months old. This has just recently started happening, it almost seems like the car lunges forward upon restart. I was wondering if anyone else on GH has had or heard of this problem.

Thanks

BTW: This is a awesome site!

Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Auto Shut-off / restart

Originally Posted by UMHB-Hybrid
I have a 2005 HCH 5spd, when the car is in auto off mode at a stop it turns off fine. When i shift back into first (car normally starts) sometimes it just won't start up and being so quiet and smooth I don't realize it. As I am letting off the clutch nothing happens. Then when I push the clutch back in the car will eventually start again. I have about 15500 miles on the car and it is only about 6 months old. This has just recently started happening, it almost seems like the car lunges forward upon restart. I was wondering if anyone else on GH has had or heard of this problem.

Thanks

BTW: This is a awesome site!
I would take it to the dealer while it's still under warranty.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had the same problem when I first got mine and what I found is that nothing is wrong with my car but while I was pressing the clutch in enough to put it in gear, I needed to press the clutch almost all the way down to the floor for the car to start again. Hope this helps, give it a try.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:50 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I agree with Jessica.

There is not a problem with the car. If you don't have the clutch depressed ALL THE WAY to the floor, it won't restart. I have had to "double clutch" more than a few times to fix my error.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, there probably is a good chance that could be the problem. Maybe I should pay closer attention.

Kyle