Audio PC Card Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Audio PC Card Question

Originally Posted by HyMinded
Remember the command line in MS-DOS? You should be able to get into it from Win XP, from Accessories, go to command prompt, switch to whatever drive the card seems to be assigned to, and use the format command. Then defrag the card. You will clean it out.
****...why did I think about that. I forgot all about doing it that way.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Being

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
NTFS DOES NOT work. I tried that formatting originally. As far as not being able to reformat to a new file structure I am not sure what the problem may be. By any chance the card isn't locked with write protection switch or with software ?
Windows XP is only showing two options: FAT32 and FAT

I tried formatting using the DOS command, but it just formatted it to FAT32 by default. I popped the card back into my friend's MAC laptop, and now it's also showing 1GB (his laptop was the only one to be able to read it at full capacity originally before I formatted). I'm about ready to give up, I just hope I can return the card!

Old 04-29-2006, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheOcean
Windows XP is only showing two options: FAT32 and FAT

I tried formatting using the DOS command, but it just formatted it to FAT32 by default. I popped the card back into my friend's MAC laptop, and now it's also showing 1GB (his laptop was the only one to be able to read it at full capacity originally before I formatted). I'm about ready to give up, I just hope I can return the card!
In one of your eariler posts you said that it was 4 GB card. Do you have two different cards? It very well may be the card. In the manual it says that some cards and or card readers may not work properly.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've now got a 2GB Sandisk SD card and a 6 in 1 PCMCIA adaptor. It seems to work fine in my car.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:53 AM

Yesterday I ran into a problem with my 2GB SD card. I loaded it up with music to more than 99% of its capacity. The music files are in 23 folders. When I load the card into the HCH slot only 15 of the folders show up. The other folders are not seen at all. Back on my computer everything looks fine.

Has anyone else seen something like this? Any suggestions how to fix it?

Old 05-08-2006, 01:39 PM

If you have too many songs in those first 15 folders it basically block them off and act if they are not there. How many total songs do you have? You may want to try and add a few more folders and transfer songs into the new folders.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
If you have too many songs in those first 15 folders it basically block them off and act if they are not there. How many total songs do you have? You may want to try and add a few more folders and transfer songs into the new folders.
Actually not many songs at all. The whole collection is classical music. Some "songs" are whole symphonies with a file size of 40 MB or more. I think there are about 50 songs in the 15 folders I can see, and about 70 in all 23 folders.

I have some ideas about shuffling the files around. I'll see if it helps.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ElanC
Actually not many songs at all. The whole collection is classical music. Some "songs" are whole symphonies with a file size of 40 MB or more. I think there are about 50 songs in the 15 folders I can see, and about 70 in all 23 folders.

I have some ideas about shuffling the files around. I'll see if it helps.
It def. could be because of the large size of your files. See if shuffling your songs around works.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Being

To those of you who have the 5GB PCMCIA hard drives, what did you guys format it in to get it to work: FAT or FAT32? I just replaced my 4GB SD card with a 5GB Toshiba drive, and I want to make sure I get it right the first time!

Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 PM

Both FAT and FAT 32 work. I have mine formatted to FAT 32. Just as long as it is not NTFS and you'll be okay. I think you'll have the best luck with the amount of songs if it is formatted to FAT32

Quick Reply: Audio PC Card Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands