Audio PC Card Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Audio PC Card Question

If your memory card fits in your PCMCIA adapter, then it should work. You may want to avoid mixing use of your audio and image files. It's clutter unless you want to see unviewable files. You can get a 1 Gig SD card for US $30.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Being

Okay, I just want to make sure b/c it says in the manual:

"The system may not be able to read some memory cards depending on the type of memory card or combination of PC card adaptor and memory card. Recommended memory cards are CompactFlash and Flash ATA memory cards."

I tried out an old 256MB CF card I had laying around, and that worked, but I just wanted to confirm that SD cards work before I go out and get one!

Old 04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheOcean
Okay, I just want to make sure b/c it says in the manual:

"The system may not be able to read some memory cards depending on the type of memory card or combination of PC card adaptor and memory card. Recommended memory cards are CompactFlash and Flash ATA memory cards."

I tried out an old 256MB CF card I had laying around, and that worked, but I just wanted to confirm that SD cards work before I go out and get one!
The SD card does work! I have been a using a 1 GB card since November until about a month ago when I got a 5 GB Hard Drive card.

Old 04-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Nerd

There is a 255 folder limit. I've found out by brute force. I've only got 670 songs on my card so far so I can't be sure if there is a 999 song limit. I have a 2GB CF card. I use WMA format at about 100k, it sounds much better than mp3 at the same size.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast

I can say that Memory Stick Pros w/ Sandisk 6 in 1 PCMCIA adapter work fine. However, it appears that lossless WMA files don't work (The file name is displayed, but then is skipped and the next song begins.)

Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Heaviestcat
I can say that Memory Stick Pros w/ Sandisk 6 in 1 PCMCIA adapter work fine. However, it appears that lossless WMA files don't work (The file name is displayed, but then is skipped and the next song begins.)
Thats funny, other people have said that too but I have WMA files that do work. No Problem.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
Thats funny, other people have said that too but I have WMA files that do work. No Problem.
It seems my WMA files that aren't lossless work fine. Perhaps the bitrate of the lossless encoding is too high? After all, the manual says that the max bitrate for WMA is 192. Have you used any WMA's that were encoded with variable bitrate?

Old 04-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Enthusiast

It seems my WMA files that aren't lossless work fine. Perhaps the bitrate of the lossless encoding is too high? After all, the manual says that the max bitrate for WMA is 192. Have you used any WMA's that were encoded with variable bitrate?
WMA VBR (Variable Bit Rage) worked fine for me.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:46 PM

I not sure if I have used any variable bit rate, however, I do know that I most of the time I only use 192 Kbs because anything over 192 does make much difference in quality but takes up a lot more same.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Being

I just received my 4GB SD card in the mail and I seem to be having problems with it. When I put it in my laptop, it says I need to format the card. When I select yes, it shows 955MB as the Capacity, which is obviously wrong. If I format to FAT32, will it then show the correct capacity? More importantly, will the navi unit be able to read the card in FAT32 or will it have problems? I tried the SD card on my friends Mac Laptop and it read it fine @ 3.72GBs, and didn't need to format it. I was able to drag mp3 files into it and it ended up working in the car! I'm just afraid if I format it to FAT32 that it will no longer work, but I can't access the card at all on my PC or laptop unless I do. If it doesn't work, will I be able to deformat it back to it's original state?

Quick Reply: Audio PC Card Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands