Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Hi all,

I just bought my '06 Honda hybrid about 3 weeks ago. I overnighted my sticker app, but when I checked with the DMV on Friday, they told me that the VIN showed it had not been processed yet. To those of you who received your stickers so quickly, here's a question: Did you buy the cars new and have the dealer send in your registration paperwork at the time of purchase? I'm wondering if my app will be held up until the dealer paperwork catches up, which IME, could take up to 6 weeks!!

thanks,

Old 01-01-2006, 08:03 PM
aha
Active Enthusiast

Just wait a bit I think the delay is because of the holiday season.
I got mine within 3 weeks by doing everything accoding to instructions. Basically, I went to Fastrak office to get the fastrak device and I made sure with the officer there that I could apply for HOV sticker even without having my license plate. She assured me it would be ok cause I showed the proof of purchase with the VIN number to her.
So, I filled up my HOV sticker application with the receipt from Fastrak and within 3 weeks the sticker showed up.

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
Hi all,

I just bought my '06 Honda hybrid about 3 weeks ago. I overnighted my sticker app, but when I checked with the DMV on Friday, they told me that the VIN showed it had not been processed yet. To those of you who received your stickers so quickly, here's a question: Did you buy the cars new and have the dealer send in your registration paperwork at the time of purchase? I'm wondering if my app will be held up until the dealer paperwork catches up, which IME, could take up to 6 weeks!!

thanks,

Old 01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Andre, you're probably right, but I didn't send in proof of purchase. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. Gah, the wait is unbearable.

Susan

Old 01-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Expect to receive them approximately 4 weeks after you submit the paperwork. You know they are coming when the check clears. You will receive them within 4-5 days later. My check cleared on a Monday and the California plates and the HOV stickers arrived that Friday.

Your name is assigning to the VIN. When my HOV stickers arrived, they had the plate numbers written on the paperwork. I think they wait for that information before they send out the stickers.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
Hi all,

thanks,
A friend in the business told me there are a couple of ways dealers can process the registration paperwork here in California--manually or electronically. Unfortunately, the dealer I went to said they did it manually (they hadn't heard of the electronic submission). That said, they did indicate they processed it pretty frequently--weekly?

Anyway, my registration went pretty smoothly. I, too, sent my sticker app in without a plate number. They were eventually able to marry the two up. I got so irritated I sent one app in that wasn't acknowledged / no check cashed. The second was overnighted.

I now have two sets of stickers. I think the 6 week thing is conservative. You should have your stickers soon. Maybe try checking with the dealer to see when they submitted.

Congrats on a great car and soon-to-be access to HOV!

Old 01-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast

Got stickers on Dec 30th 38,4xx., applied on Nov 29th.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, everyone. That makes me feel a little better. :-)

I love the car, but I bought it specifically for the HOV lane, so until the stickers arrive, I'm just all antsy, and feel like it's just not ... complete! LOL.

Susan

Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just mailed off my application for my 06.
Of course I don't have the plates yet.
I just wrote on the form that it is a new car.

Perhaps I'll get lucky and they will send my stickers anyway.

When I get my plates I'll see if they've cashed my $8 check.
If not I'll send a new applicaiton with another $8 check.

An extra $8 cheap for getting the sticker any sooner.

Last edited by kenny; 01-03-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
I just mailed off my application for my 06.
Of course I don't have the plates yet.
I just wrote on the form that it is a new car.
That's what I did, three days after I bought my new 06 HCH. I received my plates 2 weeks after the stickers.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
That's what I did, three days after I bought my new 06 HCH. I received my plates 2 weeks after the stickers.
When I got my stickers for the 04 HCH they came with a document I am supposed to carry in the car.
The license plate number is printed on this document.
What is printed on yours if you didn't have plates yet?

Quick Reply: Anyone in CA received their HOV lane stickers?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands