Any speeding tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Any speeding tickets?

That you want to admit? I'd have to think a cop would need to be a real dick to want to ticket one of us. It'd be like targeting and ticketing seniors.

You could probably figure out a probability graph of the mileage you get vs the likelihood of getting a speeding ticket. IOW a hypermiler has a slim to none chance of getting a speeding ticket. Or, someone who gets 37 or so(me, ) is more of a candidate.

Any speeding tickets for the record?

Old 06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Any speeding tickets?

Originally Posted by SrfCity
That you want to admit? I'd have to think a cop would need to be a real dick to want to ticket one of us. It'd be like targeting and ticketing seniors.

You could probably figure out a probability graph of the mileage you get vs the likelihood of getting a speeding ticket. IOW a hypermiler has a slim to none chance of getting a speeding ticket. Or, someone who gets 37 or so(me, ) is more of a candidate.

Any speeding tickets for the record?
I imagine the only situation where a hypermiler would get a speeding ticket would be coasting down a steep hill, trying to pick up as much speed as possible to coast over a hill further ahead. Steep downhills are common speed-traps.

I don't drive like a hypermiler reguarly, I tend to drive with the ambient flow of traffic most of the time in the middle lanes, so although I don't drive slow most of the time, I'm not a likely candidate to be receiving speeding tickets, either. Going down steep hills I typically regen if the alternative is going fast enough to risk a ticket (not worth a few bucks to risk hundreds in fines/insurance/wasted time)

Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've yet to get a speeding ticket in my hybrid, but I might be the first. I routinely push 80 mph in my HCH II....

Old 06-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

I will get a ticket for going through a stop sign while staring at my mpg meter long before I will get one for speeding!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaykay
I will get a ticket for going through a stop sign while staring at my mpg meter long before I will get one for speeding!
Or driving through a bunch of walls like in the Orbit Gum commercial with the guy smiling at his newly white teeth...

Old 06-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

One speeding ticket in 40 years. And that was going 43 in a 25 zone, 25 years ago.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:58 PM
no more oil

gang

good post!!! I think this is one of the best suggestions regarding 'hypermiling' -as long as we at least go within 5-10 miles of the traffic flow. Not only is it better mileage, but safer for everyone!!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Vegetarian

I've never even been pulled over, but I haven't been driving all that long, only about 4 years.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:56 PM

I got ticketed for 80 in a 65, and there were alot of other people going 80, but two cops were ticketing people left and right. When he pulled me over, he asked me what my speedometer read... he must've seen I was a hybrid and figured no hybrid driver would purposely go 80. Dumbass!

Old 06-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I got ticketed for 80 in a 65, and there were alot of other people going 80, but two cops were ticketing people left and right. When he pulled me over, he asked me what my speedometer read... he must've seen I was a hybrid and figured no hybrid driver would purposely go 80. Dumbass!
You win the prize Although you don't own one anymore so it's still open for a current owner

Last edited by SrfCity; 06-05-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Any speeding tickets?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands