Any '06 HCH Deliveries in the Southwest yet (other than CA)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Any '06 HCH Deliveries in the Southwest yet (other than CA)?

Hearing about the first '06 HCH deliveries on the East and West coasts over the past week has made me unusually impatient. I am #2 on my local dealer's list waiting on an Opal Blue w/ NAVI build #909 (I think) built on 10/12. No news from the dealer yet other than "any day".

Has anyone seen a '06 HCH delivered in the Southwest outside of CA (NM, AZ, TX)? Anyone have a believable delivery date from their dealer?

Thanks for helping me deal with my impatience...

Terry

Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Any '06 HCH Deliveries in the Southwest yet (other than CA)?

I'm with you Terry! I am 1st on the list here and expect it any day. I am at the point that I hate coming here to see who else has received theirs!

Maybe today!!

Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Enthusiast

Nick, in Indianapolis, found one on a lot after a 3 day search!
What Luck!!

Still waiting here in Tyler.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Enthusiast

My dealersip (in the phoenix area) has promised that their first shipment of 06 HCH are on the truck and will be delivered by Friday at the lateset. I am flying in from out of state to pick mine up so he better be right or I'm sleeping at the dealer until it arrives. I have been hearing "It will be here in two weeks" from them for the past few months...

Old 11-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Any '06 HCH Deliveries in the Southwest yet (other than CA)?

My wait is over! I got a call today from my local dealer as the first three '06 HCHs came off the truck here in Albuquerque. Oddly, they went from San Diego to Denver before coming to Albuquerque. Of course, I stopped by on the way home from work to look. All three (white and mag pearl non-NAVI and my opal blue NAVI) were fresh off the truck.

The two-tone blue interior on the mag pearl does not appeal to me at all. To each his own... I had contemplated waiting for a mag pearl NAVI in Jan, but now I am happy that I did not.

I have not driven mine yet as the dealer had to do the PDI first. I take delivery tomorrow morning. I will try to take some photos to post.

Best of luck to everyone!

Terry

Old 11-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

Yay the dealer just called and my car is in today! I'll be flying out tomorrow morning to pick it up. They claim it is galaxy grey with blue interior, which is what I was told initially but found out later was not an available configuration. We'll see what it looks like when I finally see it in person tomorrow...

Old 11-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Enthusiast

Congrats! I hope you like it when you get there.

I took delivery of my HCH this morning, Opal Blue w/ NAVI. I put about 50 miles on it around town. I am thoroughly enjoying the car. Mileage was in the high 30's, but I am still figuring out how to drive it. The brakes and auto-stop take a bit of getting used to, but overall it handles and drives very well.

Terry

Old 11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

Apparently the salesman is color blind or something. He thought the magnetic pearl car that was marked as mine was galaxy grey. The funny thing is that magnetic pearl is the color I tried to list for when I put the deposit down but was told it was already spoken for. I guess things have a way of working out in the end.

After flying in and doing all the paperwork this morning I got on the freeway and drove a couple hundred miles towards home. So far I love the car. The only oddity is the slight shudder when starting from full stop that has been mentioned before, and the fact that the engine turns back on when you let off the brake and not when you start to accelerate. I'm used to the Prius way, but I can get used to this too.