Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Default Re: Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

I do a little as well, but that's just due to all the new 06 issues being discussed - just a newness thing. However, we (HCH I owners) have all the historical data. We've driven our hybrids 50-90K miles and logged hundreds of hours behind the wheel. Regardless of the changes, I think we'll continue to have a lot to offer. Anyway, it will be my turn when the redesigned 2010 HCH III comes out. By then, I'd be up for an Insight II even! I hope they make one. I'd actually be thrilled with a hybrid version of the Civic Si...

Old 12-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

Originally Posted by stevejust
Not at all... because the HCH I MT is still the reigning champion as of the time of this post.
That's only because most of the 06 HCH's are still being broken in (as are their drivers...).

Old 12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Vegetarian

i totally understand why there are so many posts about the HCH II but i do still feel left out... or not really left out... kinda more... i don't know. i come hear and check the board and it seems like there's not as much for me to read. sure i can learn about the new HCH from other peoples posts but i feel like i have nothing to offer new owners, i don't know the HCH II. plus having an 05 my car is still new to me, so i didn't get the same amount of forum time as those that have had their cars longer.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dlingner
That's only because most of the 06 HCH's are still being broken in (as are their drivers...).
Agreed. For a while the HCH II database was at 48 mpg as well, but it's fallen. I just need some serious convincing that the CVT is better than the manual transmission, 'cause logic dictates it would be, yet the practical reality seems to be that it's not.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah well the hybrid is a thing constantly evolving... buying one is kind of like throwing a dart at a moving target and never hitting it because it always moves "a little to the right".

As a 2004 buyer I enjoyed a fairly long period where I had the latest and greatest.

Besides I have an intense interest in hybrids beyond just my own...

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
I do, a little.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Hybrid True Believer

Well... It's hard not to get a little left out. I would think that it's mostly because the 2006 HCH is such a fundamental design change from the 03-05 models.

Of course, the day my 2003 HCH is paid off, I'm going to get another HCH ( a 2008 by that time -- maybe it'll have LiIon batteries?)

Old 12-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

A lithium battery would be great. I wonder why these aren't used now? Lithium is a very light metal.

To tell the truth, if I could have bought a 2005 manual transmission Civic Hybrid, I would have, but the dealers in Southern California didn't have any left by Nov 2005, nor did they have any Insights. None of the dealers expected to get any of either, so I ended up with the 2006 automatic transmission Civic Hybrid. It's not a bad car, but I'd prefer manual, if it were available.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

I was thinking they should start a HCH II board, ever since we heard it was coming out it is hard to get a post in edge wise . If you do post up top an hour later it is 4 pages deep behind "My new 06 is better than your old POS"

Clif

Old 12-08-2005, 04:42 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Anytime a shiny new penny comes out it'll be this way. Just like when the '04 Prius came out, the '01-'03 were left in the pasture.

I don't think there should be a HCH II board. For the most part we'll just need to label our Titles with HCH I or II. Not too big of a deal. So far it hasn't come across as you stated, "My new 06 is better than your old POS".

Everyone who has an '06 is really excited about their new car, as they should be. Quite a few haven't had a hybrid before so they've come here for advice from some of the early adopters. I think it's great they are posting so much, yes I do feel a little left out but not jealous.

Originally Posted by Duc
I was thinking they should start a HCH II board, ever since we heard it was coming out it is hard to get a post in edge wise . If you do post up top an hour later it is 4 pages deep behind "My new 06 is better than your old POS"

Clif

Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

The POS part was just a ha ha not meant to be serious, I'll run one of those new ones any day for beers. If mine wasn't so new I would run to the dealer today and ditch it, they are sweet.
Clif

Quick Reply: Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands