Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/any-03-05-hch-owners-feel-left-out-board-now-4862/)

bigbearballs 12-06-2005 01:50 PM

Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

I do, a little.:cry:

lars-ss 12-06-2005 01:56 PM

Re: Any 03-05 HCH owners feel left out on this board now?

Not me. There are still active topics on the 03-05 HCH, a lot of them. I think talking and hearing about the 06 HCH is exciting, since I will probably trade up to a 2007 HCH next year.....:D

tbaleno 12-06-2005 01:58 PM

I don't feel left out. Still lots on this forum to talk about.

Civic Duty 12-06-2005 01:59 PM

Do you think the Prius I folks feel left out? No, I love hearing about the HCH II. That said, I still love my car, and I still think there will be plenty of discussion about the HCH-I.

Besides, look how much discussion the HCH I has generated until now. 8571 posts on the boards, compared to Prius' 2575 (at time of this post). Even though there are at least twice as many Prius owners here at GH. Of course, I don't mean to slight the Prius or its owners; I'm simply referring to the fact that for whatever reason, there have been tons of posts about the HCH I.

Delta Flyer 12-06-2005 02:13 PM

I Want to be Obsolete

I'd be sad if the Insight is still the mpg champ in 2010. :(

Let's hope automakers are putting out improved hybrids.

Archslater 12-06-2005 02:40 PM

Re: I Want to be Obsolete

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
I'd be sad if the Insight is still the mpg champ in 2010. :(

Let's hope automakers are putting out improved hybrids.

I hope so too, although achieving the Insight's mileage will be difficult in a 'practical' 4 seat automobile with decent luggage space and modern safety features. Weight is one of the biggest enemies of fuel efficiency, and the Insight weigh's 1000 lbs less than the civic hybrid.

bluecivichybrid 12-06-2005 05:20 PM

Don't feel left out. There's a lot of architecture that the HCH-I and HCH-II share.

I still like to drive my 04 HCH more then the 06 HCH. Even though I can get better mileage on my 06 HCH (with ev-mode on highway, see post "Results from High Speed FAS in 06 HCH") I still think the driving feel on the 04 HCH is better.

Steering, handling, vehicle dynamics, and braking just feel more connected to the road on the 04 - it has that "road-homey" feel. on the 06, there are so many electronics between your input and the tires that driving it feels like playing a video game with steering-wheel and pedal controllers. Just my impression from having both in my garage.

rigger 12-06-2005 08:36 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing earlier today.

Still, the '06 is the shiny new penny. I think it's great as a good amount of the '06 owners are new to hybrids - that's not a bad thing. :)

Takfen 12-06-2005 09:08 PM

Not at all ;) Since I just joined the board not too long ago, I have a whole year of experiences to share. :)

stevejust 12-06-2005 09:30 PM

Not at all... because the HCH I MT is still the reigning champion as of the time of this post:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/....png?system=US