Am I geeting scammed by the dealer??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Am I geeting scammed by the dealer??

I'm having a problem with my driver side window. When I use the auto button to get the window to go up it hits the top and them slides down halfway. It won't stay at the top!!

I've already taken to dealer twice, once they told me it is the regulator for the window(they changed that) and now they want to change the "master switch" (?!).

I was told they tried to re-program before but....

Anyone else have this problem or can anyone reccomend a good dearlship in Los Angeles area who might look at this...
thanks

HCHII Galaxy Grey

Old 04-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Am I geeting scammed by the dealer??

Isn't there a lemon law in California that says if the dealer can't fix an under-warranty car on the third try you get a new car?

Keep all records.

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon.htm

Research this.
If true bring it back to the same dealer.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hey bud,

I was having the SAME problem....only it hasn't done it in a while. The first time I noticed it, I was coming back from snowboarding up at Mt. High. The second time, on the way to class early one morning. Both times were pretty chilly, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. The second time was odd, because half the time I could get it on the first try, and half the time I couldn't. I will monitor it and see if it continues happening.

First off, I don't think you're getting scammed. The dealer probably doesn't know much about the problem, and it sounds like they are taking the correct steps to diagnose it, or at least eliminating the possibilities. What dealer did you go to by the way ???? And second, you're car isn't the only car doing it, because mine does too, so don't feel bad. They might issue a recall or TSB or something to that effect, just sit tight. Third, is it STILL doing it, even after the repairs ????

Old 04-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting! My wife has made the same complaint with our HCH-II.

That makes three cars now, all in SoCal. Let's keep our eyes open on this one.

Ron in SoCal - Hope to see all of you on the 30th in Chino Hills