Aftermarket gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Aftermarket gauges.

I've looked at the "ScanGauge" unit that's on the market, but it doesn't have everything that I would like on it. What I would like to monitor is when the engine or assist motor is working independently or in tandem and when the value assembly has changed between power or high millage configuration. So far I haven't found such a device, any suggestions?

Thanks
Bart

Old 06-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Aftermarket gauges.

Bart;

The Scangauge II (with XGauge) may be the closest you'll ever get to achieving want you want. Linear Logic has been working on the Honda hybrid PID's for a while and it should not take much longer for us to have the ability to read many of the "hybrid specific values".

FEH and the Prius can already read those values and have them displayed in XGauge (scangauge).

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msantos
Bart;

Linear Logic has been working on the Honda hybrid PID's for a while and it should not take much longer for us to have the ability to read many of the "hybrid specific values".
Can the Scangauage be firmware upgraded to read the soon to come "hybrid specific values". Or, should I wait for that newer model to appear?

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Yes, as long as it is a Scangauge II (firmware 3.0 or better)

MSantos

Old 06-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks.

I'm going to get one.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:11 AM

The instrumentation on the civic already has gauges you can use.

The assist bar tells you when you are using the assist motor. Since the motor only operates when the engine is on you only have two modes, engine, or engine/motor.

When you want to know if the car is in "power mode" or fuel efficiency mode, just look at your instantaneous. if it is bellow 40mpg then you are using "power" mode.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Hi Tom;

I suspect Bart has an HCH-II based on his quote:

...What I would like to monitor is when the engine or assist motor is working independently or in tandem and when the value assembly has changed between power or high millage configuration..
As you may know, and borrowing your description, the HCH-II has an additional mode where power-flow comes from the battery pack only (EV only mode). Also, the bugger is that the OEM instrumentation is not precise enough to show sub-1 bar assists or regen which for many of us has a big say on what's truly happening.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Also, the bugger is that the OEM instrumentation is not precise enough to show sub-1 bar assists or regen which for many of us has a big say on what's truly happening.
Agreed. I will purchase my second ScanGauge the day they announce that they have the HCH figured out. I love all of the data that I can get with it on the MMH--even more than is available with the Prius thanks to folks in this community like DesertDog.

I would really like to understand the SoC better on the HCH!

Old 06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Tom;

I suspect Bart has an HCH-II based on his quote:

As you may know, and borrowing your description, the HCH-II has an additional mode where power-flow comes from the battery pack only (EV only mode). Also, the bugger is that the OEM instrumentation is not precise enough to show sub-1 bar assists or regen which for many of us has a big say on what's truly happening.

Cheers;

MSantos
Correct! I have an 07 HCH-II

Originally Posted by tbaleno
The instrumentation on the civic already has gauges you can use.

The assist bar tells you when you are using the assist motor. Since the motor only operates when the engine is on you only have two modes, engine, or engine/motor.

When you want to know if the car is in "power mode" or fuel efficiency mode, just look at your instantaneous. if it is bellow 40mpg then you are using "power" mode.
You're also correct! The ScanGauge is going to be for my 89 Honda Civic Hatchback. But I would love to get another one for the HCH-II if and when it's able to read the car as well as it reads the Prius.

Thanks for the information folks.

Last edited by Bart; 06-15-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bart
You're also correct! The ScanGauge is going to be for my 89 Honda Civic Hatchback. But I would love to get another one for the HCH-II if and when it's able to read the car as well as it reads the Prius.
Did you mean to say 1989 or 1999? SGII is for 96 cars and up.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket gauges.

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands