Aesthetics

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Aesthetics

OK, so most of us bought our cars for what's inside running them, but we also gotta remember that people on the road only see the outside of our fuel slurping machines, so we should take care of that fine shine the HCH has. Does anyone recommend any particular car products such as a specific wax or detergent that'll keep the car looking nice n shiny?

Personally, I've tried the armorall gel wash and it works how it's advertised, basically it's two gels. You hose down your car, throw some detergent gel over the car and scrub, hose off the soap, throw on the other gel, which is a wax, while the car is still wet and dry the car spreading the waxing gel as you dry it.

I've seen a product called 5Star Shine advertised on the net but I was wondering if anyone had used it either on their HCH or any other car they had. According to their website http://www.5starshine.com/ this "wax" is supposed to last five years. I doubt that any wax would last that long, but if this thing does do what it's supposed to and protects for at least a year then I would be interested.

Old 09-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Aesthetics

Zymol makes great car care products.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:10 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

I use either Zymol or McGuire's products. Whatever happens to be at the front of the car care products shelf in my garage.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

There is to date no way Ive found to replace elbow grease and hard work at keeping a car clean and shining.

I wanted to wash and do a fast wax on the Accord today before we take a trip to vist some of the wifes family. But its raining. It will still look good just not as good.

Ive only used Meguires on the Accord since we bought it. And its done real well so far. I did clay it and then polish it real good before applying the first two coats of wax and its since had two more coats of wax applied.

Today I was going to wash it. Drive it around the block. Then blow out the mirrors and other trim that holds water. While the car was still wet. Take a wet applicator and put a very thin coat of wax on it. Let it haze then buff off. Its really no harder than just hand drying the car. It would have looked great.

Here are afew pics of the car the last time we had a day like today and it cleared up.
56k beware. Get a real connect!
http://psyshack.com/bead1.jpg
Dried off and sun out.
http://psyshack.com/granny1.jpg

Last edited by psyshack; 09-04-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jeff, That's a beautiful car you have there, looks better than your neighbors!

I've also posted an article on this:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/learn/ar...id-vehicle.html

"Meguiars Gold Class" paste wax hands down. It's a little more expensive but you definetly get what you pay for.

Every few days I use their touch up spray on the front clip and makes all the difference in the world both with deflecting bugs and cleaning the ones that go SPLAT.

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 09-04-2005 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by malditos
OK, so most of us bought our cars for what's inside running them, but we also gotta remember that people on the road only see the outside of our fuel slurping machines, so we should take care of that fine shine the HCH has. Does anyone recommend any particular car products such as a specific wax or detergent that'll keep the car looking nice n shiny?

Personally, I've tried the armorall gel wash and it works how it's advertised, basically it's two gels. You hose down your car, throw some detergent gel over the car and scrub, hose off the soap, throw on the other gel, which is a wax, while the car is still wet and dry the car spreading the waxing gel as you dry it.

I've seen a product called 5Star Shine advertised on the net but I was wondering if anyone had used it either on their HCH or any other car they had. According to their website http://www.5starshine.com/ this "wax" is supposed to last five years. I doubt that any wax would last that long, but if this thing does do what it's supposed to and protects for at least a year then I would be interested.
I am a Zaino fan. I've used it on multiple cars including a BMW, Honda, and others. I even flew Zaino to Germany to apply before it was shipped to the US.

Good results, easy to use, and a history of good performance. Check out www.zainobros.com or the many forums dedicated to Zaino in Edmunds.

Lansing

Old 09-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

For the longest lasting protection and easy of application and removal, Klasse All-in-one can't be beat. It is a gentle cleaner and synthetic wax in one, acrylic based as I recall. Developed in Germany and sold on-line or sometimes through Mercedes dealerships. Google it for reviews and comparisons.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

So noone has used 5star shine?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands