64.9, small brag

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 07:21 PM
my other car is a FJORD
Default Re: 64.9, small brag

Originally Posted by blueskies

I just apply 50% IMA from a stop until I reach my target velocity, then ease up on the pedal. That puts you into lean burn mode. I think that is one of the two most important things.

i read this on another older post. can anyone explain exactly what it means? is it running the IMA down to 1/2 of a charge? or halfway down on the charging gauge? when i was out today and still managed to maintain 62MPG, it seems like the battery was quite low, yet the mileage was high.......confused

Old 10-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

To get into lean burn, use about 50% of the IMA's output capability. Don't ball the jack or anything but give the car a stiff push out of AS.

As for the low battery levels, the reason I can give for that equating to high MPG in my case is that my IMA is chronically low due to my FASs and P&G stints, both of which spring FE through the roof but neither allowing IMA to recharge. Hope that helps.

Old 10-02-2005, 05:47 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

Hey Laurie-
congrats on your mileage! I got blue- but you got a manual. I almost envy your commute (not), I have a home office- so don't get out much. my current tank is kinda stinky- too many little local trips as mom-the-chauffeur. my best trip so far was 110 miles at 61mpg- coming off the cape from a visit to grandma. did pretty good on long island two weeks ago too, but it's hilly where I live, and like I said, lately it's been frustrating me some.
anyway- keep up the good work, it's great to have another woman here that cares. nobody I know wants to hear about mileage anymore- even my friend who bought a prius could care less about trying to get better. jeesh.
Kate

Old 10-02-2005, 08:28 AM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by KLCarch
Hey Laurie-
congrats on your mileage! I got blue- but you got a manual. I almost envy your commute (not), I have a home office- so don't get out much. my current tank is kinda stinky- too many little local trips as mom-the-chauffeur. my best trip so far was 110 miles at 61mpg- coming off the cape from a visit to grandma. did pretty good on long island two weeks ago too, but it's hilly where I live, and like I said, lately it's been frustrating me some.
anyway- keep up the good work, it's great to have another woman here that cares. nobody I know wants to hear about mileage anymore- even my friend who bought a prius could care less about trying to get better. jeesh.
Kate

LOL, don't envy my commute. it's actually not too bad, except on friday nights, and in the winter. it's on the way "up north to the lake" and on fridays it's crazy. thank goodness it's 4 lane to the turnoff for work.

winters make it harder. because it's rural, and where we are, the plowing isn't always the best. and 18 wheelers come by and blow snow into my lane so i can't see. it can be quite hair raising.

i am kind of lucky because the owner of our company is very much into the environment and conserving, so he always asks how my mileage is doing. a lot of the people who work there are scared of him, but not me. he's in his mid 60s and i am getting close to the number, so we can relate. we are also on the same side of the political fence......

so, keep up the good work.....i love the challenge of improving what it can do. when mine slows down, you'll know it's winter and i have the snow tires on.