2006 Tax Credits with Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 Tax Credits with Hybrids

I'm hoping someone out there knows the answer to this.

If I puchase a new HCH now, but it isn't delivered until, let's say January, would I still get the new Tax Credit?

Or, since I've read about a few people putting money down on a new HCH, maybe dealers won't sell a car they don't know about yet. In that case, I'm wondering if I can ask the dealer not to deliver mine until 2006 so that I can get the Tax Credit.

I'd love to be the first one on my block to have a new HCH, but I'm not flush enough to throw away $3000 because I buy it in 2005.

Incidentally, I've seen the non-hybrid 2006 Civics and they are 'real perdy'! There is definitely a hint (or more) of the Prius in the new ones. But I can live with that. Auto manufacturers have been borrowing from Honda for the past 30 years.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 Tax Credits with Hybrids

Right now, this is about all anybody knows:

http://www.hybridcars.com/tax-deductions.html

You'll see it looks like the credit will be $2,100 and not $3,000. Not that $2,100 is anything to sneeze at. To be safe, don't take delivery until after Jan 1.