10 K miles service

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default 10 K miles service

I am taking my HCH II for a 10K miles service. What should I expect? I don't want to get ripped off by the dealer.

Although I am taking it to the dealer where I bought the car originally.

Anyone with prior experience or any feedback?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 10 K miles service

There is no "10K" service per the owner's manual. If you are talking about an A1 service per the maintenance minder - most folks are paying between $50 and $75 to have the oil changed and the tires rotated - which is all the A1 service is. If you are looking for something more comprehensive than what the owner's manual calls for - then I guess you should talk with your dealer about what you deem might necessary.

Eric

Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 10 K miles service

I had a 10,000 mile service with my HCH I, but it was a while ago, and it might be different for you HCH II's. Here is what I posted to the forum about it at the time, https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=7685:

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
I got a book of coupons with the HCH 05 for maintenance at the dealer and had the first oil change for $9.95, then recently got a 10k tune up which included an oil change, all fluids checked and refilled, brake inspections, filters checked, a car wash, plus other little stuff for $110, which apparently 'validates' my next coupon so the 15k oil change will be $12.95. It is $52 without a coupon for an oil change for a hybrid at my dealership.

I have no particular info to gauge whether it was a good deal or a lousy one, (though I may after more people post to this thread) but at least they were all friendly. The guy told me that they couldn't believe the lack of wear on my brake pads. "Do you *use* your brakes?' he asked me. I guess the whole hypermiling thing is very gentle on brake pads- no suprise there.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Post Re: 10 K miles service

Just had my 10K check. Oil & filter were changed, tires were rotated, fluid levels were topped off as needed. They also did a visual inspection of the rest of the car for wear or damage (there was none).

I was actually at only ~9100 miles. I'd forgotten to do the 5K oil change , so the oil life was down to 10-15%. I could have waited another week or two, but no reason to take chances.