'06 Civic Hybrid - Electrical Problems already?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 Civic Hybrid - Electrical Problems already?

Common sense should dictate here. If you had an alarm/remote start installed and now you've got electrical problems..........guess what?!?....
That's most likely the root of the problem. You left out that tib-bit of important info on the original post .
Besides, if someone says they'll keep trying till they get it right, I'd pass and take it someone who know what they are doing the first time.

Old 02-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 Civic Hybrid - Electrical Problems already?

He said, "When I told him it was installed by a certified dealer that honda as well as other car dealerships use in NY" That dont sound like a Honda dealer to me! Certified??? By who and how. Dealers have aftermarket stuff installed by the cheapest ones that will do the work for them. Now had a Honda dealer had this done for him, the dealer would have to be held responsible for getting it right, but he did not say it was done that way.
He is lucky the Honda dealer even agreed to look at it with the added junk!

Originally Posted by lkewin
Fully Agree with Tigerhoneker (Terry), that you need to confirm the problem is not related to the Alarm Install. However... since the alarm was installed by a Honda dealer, you should be covered. My suggestion is take it back to the dealer, as they have requested, let them run the diagnostics and figure out where the problem is. If the dealer still is less then helpful in resolving the problem and keeps pointing to a faulty alarm install, they should still work to get it resolved. If they do not, then you need to make sure Honda is made aware of this dealers reluctance to help. Here is some contact info for Honda Customer Releations, in case you don't have it handy:

By Phone
(800) 999-1009

By Fax
(310) 783-3023 (24 Hours)

By Mail
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Boulevard
Mail Stop: 500 - 2N - 7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Keep us posted...