06 Civic or Acura TL?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 PM
06 HCH
Default 06 Civic or Acura TL?

Any members notice the resemblance of these two cars? Thanks to all members for helping me see the light! Looking forward to my magnetic pearl 06 HCH on order, after 01/06 of coarse....

Old 12-10-2005, 09:18 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 06 Civic or Acura TL?

Originally Posted by jamriman
Any members notice the resemblance of these two cars? Thanks to all members for helping me see the light! Looking forward to my magnetic pearl 06 HCH on order, after 01/06 of coarse....
It's kinda interesting that the Nav. in the HCH ll is just like the Nav. in the Acura line also. Functions may differ some as far as what the two will do but the Nav. units look to be the same as far as appearance.

Looks like there will be a bunch of us to take delivery after the 1st of Jan.

Terry

Old 12-11-2005, 04:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 Civic or Acura TL?

Actually, the Acura TL most resembles the Accord. In size, weight, interior space, and features.

Also, the Honda and Acura Navis are all comparable. Not just with the Civic...

Before I bought my HAH, I test drove the Acura TL, HCH, and HAH. There were many similarities between the HAH and TL, that making the decision to buy one or the either came down to the $4K lower cost of the HAH. The few features that were added to the TL wasn't worth the extra cost for me.

Old 12-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

When I first saw the 06, my first reaction was, "Wow - they must have borrowed the person who designed the Acrua TL to work on this car". Definitely has similar styling cues. I noticed because I love the look - like 2000ish a BMW 3-series in some respects, which is by far my favorite body style of any sedan.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

At first glance, I thought the styling of the '06 Civic most resembled a Saturn.

As I was approaching an intersection, to my left also approaching the intersection was a car I've never seen before. I was thinking that it was a pretty neat looking Saturn! It turned in front of me and as I was following it, I then noticed the Honda and Civic badges. I was surprised.