For 05 honda civc hybrid modifications

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 09:20 AM
05HCH
Default For 05 honda civc hybrid modifications

So before i start my project HYPER HYBRID,
Theres couple questions i have in mind need to be answer by you hybrid experts,
1 can i change my header to a race type of header? Also can i change my Cat back system before i get my sunk 2 exhaust on?
and can i change my air intake to a performance air intake?
i just got this car this year,and i loved it, try to keep it going as long as i can.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: For 05 honda civc hybrid modifications

The HCH-I has a unique intake manifold that you probably won't be able to get an off-the-shelf intake for, though it is definitely possible to get one custom-made. I was a bit more lucky with the HCH-II where a 2014+ Honda Fit aftermarket intake just happens to fit.

The exhaust manifold is also different and won't be compatible with race headers made for the D17, but the downstream portion of the exhaust is the same, so a catback system for a regular Civic sedan will work.

Coilover suspension is relatively cheap and easy to find for 7th gen Civics, will give you better handling (especially compared to worn out original struts) and allow you to lower ride height without impacting ride quality a ton, so maybe give that some consideration. I have BC Racing BR's on my HCH-II but you definitely don't have to go that high end for impressive results.

Old 08-29-2020, 06:59 AM
05HCH

Seems like you got a really nice fit,i thought about the header and manifold are probably hard to be replace, because the GEN 1 intake system,but, i am trying to get coilovers for sure,that way winter time i can raise it higher, and summer time lower, only thing im really thinking about is to build a turbo for it, i already have set of rims that 2.1 lb lighter then my current rims,and after i get that coilovers on, hoping to balance out my MPG for not decreasing so much at least

Old 08-29-2020, 04:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm sure you'll just think I'm being a negative a$$hole, but holy **** is this the wrong car for this. Good luck!