What Replacement Struts Have You Used

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Replacement Struts Have You Used

My Regal had a sporty suspension but it had a much better ride than this HAH, much better. These roads here in IL are bad and the the road I drive to work every day is probably the worse of all interstates. I drive a lot for my job so I can be in my car some days maybe 5 hours. This one reason I bought the hybrid for its gas mileage. My Buick wasn't good on gas at all. I bought that car for 30k in 04 this Honda cost that in 05 but it really has no options but the hybrid. My mechanic could put a new set of struts but its going to cost at least $700. Maybe doing something to the springs as some has said? So sturts pretty much don't wear out?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Replacement Struts Have You Used

My feeling is HAH has kinda sporty suspention. As a result you will experience a rough ride. You can tune suspention in theory to more comfortable ride by changing pair spring-sprut but will you find a suitable pair for HAH? That is another story. You will also experience change in handling after such swap and your VSA system may work awkward. My advice don't mess this it. If you want a comfort ride then change a car. IMHO
There is an alternative - TCH with much softer ride and of course worse handling than HAH.