No HAH in 2008 model and after

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No HAH in 2008 model and after

I think the reason the HAH didn't catch on was that the interior material quality is just not that great

I was the perfect buyer for one, willing to accept lower MPG for higher performance, but I wanted a nicer interior and felt the Camry Hybird was nicer inside - now, if the Camry only drove as spirited as the HAH does.....

I ended up buying a Prius bcz the interior of the Camry felt blah to drive, the HAH was dreary inside. I opted for higher mpg of the Prius.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No HAH in 2008 model and after

Now that I can understand. Camry is a fresh design.Compared to new Camry, Accord design/interior can be considered outdated. When Accord is redesigned for next model year, many people might feel Camry is outdated compared to Accord. OTOH, driving experience in a Camry is entirely different from Accord. One has to find the right combination of driving experience, luxury, performance and fuel economy. To expect 40+ mpg from a car simply because it is a hybrid irrespective of what else it has to offer and reject it if it fails to achieve that 40+mark, is what does not make much sense.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: No HAH in 2008 model and after

Originally Posted by gonehiking
Now that I can understand. Camry is a fresh design.Compared to new Camry, Accord design/interior can be considered outdated. When Accord is redesigned for next model year, many people might feel Camry is outdated compared to Accord. OTOH, driving experience in a Camry is entirely different from Accord. One has to find the right combination of driving experience, luxury, performance and fuel economy. To expect 40+ mpg from a car simply because it is a hybrid irrespective of what else it has to offer and reject it if it fails to achieve that 40+mark, is what does not make much sense.
I agree on the (40+MPG Statement).

There are many more reasons to "APPRECIATE" the HAH than simply picking on one "Aspect" of it.

I am personally sorry that Honda did not see fit to continue it for 2008 with the New Design.

But all Manufactures are (Forced) these current days to look at the RAW-NUMBERS as to how many are being Sold. HAH did not do big numbers.

If you take a look at Lexas and the Hybrids they Market. None of them (High-Performance-Models) get any kind of FE/MPG. I think the difference in Honda and Toyota is that Toyota has room for slower selling Hybrids (High-Performance-Models) because their overall sales are Great. The Prius is still a Hit. The Camry is doing really well and the Camry Hybrid is doing well in sales. Toyota as a whole has room for a few Hybrids (High-Performance-Models) to be slow in sales.