Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Automania Enthusiast
Default Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

Honda's Hybrid Accords Are going to be no more...
See article http://money.iwon.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt...d=ap-d8pinf8o0&

Old 06-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

It was just bad marketing.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

To Bad, I think a lot of people really missed the opportunity here to own a really Great Hybrid with Power to Spare and Great FE for the Performance it has to Offer.

Lexas has two really High-Performance Hybrids and they do not get Fe. But they do run,

Old 08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It's sad but true..

I remember riding in a 2006 HAH on a test track during a New Honda Event and both the driver and I were very impressed by the handling and acceleration of the HAH over the regular Accord.

I shall have to find one used someday later

Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
It's sad but true..

I remember riding in a 2006 HAH on a test track during a New Honda Event and both the driver and I were very impressed by the handling and acceleration of the HAH over the regular Accord.

I shall have to find one used someday later
Hi Blue,

I will have some News regarding the HAH and me in the Very-Near-Future:

Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi Blue,

I will have some News regarding the HAH and me in the Very-Near-Future:
Ohh you tease me The electric motor worked wonders on that super tight track.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
Ohh you tease me The electric motor worked wonders on that super tight track.
Won't be LONG-NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nekola
It was just bad marketing.

That and I think lack of education on the car sunk it too. I don't think most people realize the HAH is really meant for flat open roads. I remember a woman who was disappointed in the mileage of her HAH because she was driving around Chicago. As we all know now, the HAH doesn't do much better than a regular HA in city traffic. When I first got my HAH and people were asking me about it at work, I had to take extra time to explain to them the design differences to defend the lower fuel economy. It seems that most people today expect hybrids to operate like a Prius due to its market dominance.
Not to mention, perhaps the biggest determinant of fuel economy, is driving habits. From what I've noticed the car will only auto stop twice before it stays running in traffic. So if you are a person who has to constantly inch forward in stopped traffic, you will nullify the auto stop feature. Also, if you can't hold a steady foot on the accelerator peddle you'll keep dropping in and out of "eco" mode and overdrive and kill your mileage there.
All in all it's too bad. I love my HAH. Power when I need it and economy when I don't need the power.
I've heard rumors that there will be a diesel option to the new HA. Apparently Honda has an answer to Mercedes Bluetec.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:31 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Honda's Hybrid Accords Are Out

Originally Posted by HaulnAce600cc
That and I think lack of education on the car sunk it too. I don't think most people realize the HAH is really meant for flat open roads. I remember a woman who was disappointed in the mileage of her HAH because she was driving around Chicago. As we all know now, the HAH doesn't do much better than a regular HA in city traffic. When I first got my HAH and people were asking me about it at work, I had to take extra time to explain to them the design differences to defend the lower fuel economy. It seems that most people today expect hybrids to operate like a Prius due to its market dominance.
Not to mention, perhaps the biggest determinant of fuel economy, is driving habits. From what I've noticed the car will only auto stop twice before it stays running in traffic. So if you are a person who has to constantly inch forward in stopped traffic, you will nullify the auto stop feature. Also, if you can't hold a steady foot on the accelerator peddle you'll keep dropping in and out of "eco" mode and overdrive and kill your mileage there.
All in all it's too bad. I love my HAH. Power when I need it and economy when I don't need the power.
I've heard rumors that there will be a diesel option to the new HA. Apparently Honda has an answer to Mercedes Bluetec.

Hi,

Very nice informative Post.