New HAH owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default New HAH owner

Hello all - just stopping in to say hey. I just traded my '06 HCHII on an '07 HAH. The HCHII was nice and all and great mileage, but just wasn't big enough for me. So far I'm loving the bigger car and a few less MPG's will be worth it while I am still being kind to the air. I'll post up mileage #'s once I get enough use on it to average out. It's saying 12.9 right now, but that's just a trip from dealer to home.

Trav

Old 05-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New HAH owner

12.9? Sounds like you were utilizing the 255hp on your maiden voyage.

Congrats on the switch! I did test drive both the Civic and the Accord before I made my purchase. I too, found the extra roominess of the Accord (along with a few other perks) worth the extra dough. Of course, you found the number one drawback from moving from the HCH to the HAH: the lower fuel economy. But, it's not solely the fuel economy that should drive us to the vehicles we purchase. It's a balance between all the functions and features we crave. I personally placed fuel economy high on my list of expectations of a car. But not above roominess. Not saying that the Civic is a tiny car, but that I preferred the interior confines of the Accord better.

There is a wealth of knowledge in these forums concerning the HAH. Browse through all the threads! I'm sure you'll find a lot of information you're curious on, as well as information you didn't know you were looking for.

So, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you on board!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. Actually I was taking it easy, but maybe it was wound tight. I did a distance trip this weekend and got 35.7 @ 75+ MPH the whole way. That's perfect enough for me. It does have the second gear "pop" that I've read about, but not sure it is annoying enough for me to worry about. Have a nice holiday weekend.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tsienville
Hello all - just stopping in to say heyTrav
Gomer says hey back at ya

Old 05-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Second gear pop? Where did you hear about that? And, what exactly is your car doing? I haven't noticed any strange noises in any gears. Although, I do know the ABS system does a self check when you first put your car in D and get above a few miles per hour.

As you get a few more thousand miles on your car, it should gain a couple MPG points. If you were getting 35 MPG today, a few months down the road you could be seeing 36-37, and maybe even 38 MPG under similar conditions. I would think two things come into play which accounts for the higher fuel economy (FE) numbers. First, your car will be broken in by then. The components within the engine seem to wear together and move more freely after being broken in. And second, you'll know how to drive your car better. The more you try to drive more efficiently, the more your FE will improve. Those two items alone can account for a few MPG increase. Good luck to you!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

The pop is more of a backfire. In driving more, I've noticed that it occurs mostly when it is coming off of VCM Eco mode into normal mode. This is usually in the lower gear shifts or when downshifting. It doesn't appear to affect anything, but does make a very noticeable pop and one of my backseat passengers indicated they heard the backfire in the rear also (tailpipe). I'll let Honda take a peek on the next service and see what it is. Otherwise, perfecto.