Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Did Microsoft purchase Honda? Download HAH SP1 (service pack 1).

Old 07-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

I received a notice from my dealer today to come in for a software update. With the tax credit for the 06HAH "w/ updated calibration control" doubled to $1300 as announced on July 11th by the IRS, does that mean that the EPA re-tested the 06HAH and increased the EPA Mileage? Anybody have any ideas as to the new estimated mileage?

If not, I guess we will all find out together. I am taking my car in on 8/2/06 for the update. Currently getting 29 MPG. Honda ownerlink has NOTHING listed about the update.

Stay tuned ...

Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

I just purchased up my 2006 HAH White Pearl this past weekend! (Haven't driven it enough to post a tank in the database.)

I noticed it was manufactured in 04/06, so I e-mailed the internet salesperson to confirm it had the "engine and IMA control software change" or "updated control calibration" which helps it qualify for the $1300 tax credit:

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID1000?m...38219&mime=asc
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax_hybrid_new.shtml
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...157863,00.html

The internet salesperson confirmed I was OK and e-mailed this memo:

DATE: July 14, 2006
TO: All Honda Sales, Service & Parts Managers
RE: 2006 Accord Hybrid Campaign Announcement

Background
Honda Motor Co., LTD. is announcing a product update campaign affecting 2006 Accord Hybrids thru VIN JHMCN3...6C002303. On affected vehicles, the original PCM software for the PGM-FI system and the A/T can be updated to increase fuel mileage. Updating the PCM software also allows qualified owners to claim a higher federal income tax credit (subject to various limitations).

NOTE: Customers inquiring about hybrid vehicle tax incentives should be directed to their accountant or other tax professional.

Repair Strategy
The repair is to update the PGM-FI and the A/T software with the HDS, using software version 2.005.004 or later.

For details, refer to service bulletin 06-045, Product Update: PCM Update to Improve Fuel Mileage.

Before beginning work on a vehicle, verify its eligibility by checking at least one of these items:

· The customer has a notification letter.
· The vehicle is shown on your campaign responsibility report.
· The vehicle is shown as eligible on a VIN status inquiry.

In addition, check for a punch mark above the first character of the engine compartment VIN. A punch mark in that location means this product update has already been done.

Some vehicles affected by this product update may be in your new vehicle inventory. These vehicles must be updated before they are sold or leased.

Customer Notification
Customers will be sent a notification of this product update on July 24, 2006.

Software Information
To successfully update the PCM, make sure the HDS is loaded with software version 2.005.004 or later.

Parts Information
Parts are NOT needed for this software update.

Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Division

Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

I've had my car for 2 weeks. I'm getting it updated on Wednesday. Currently averaging 24.2 mpg combined city and highway. I will report any changes I observe.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

I bought my '06 HAH back in February, and started at 24 MPG, and it has slowly crept up to 29 - combined City/Highway. I have about 4,500 miles on it. My maintenance minder has not gone on yet, but I am hoping with the software update, and with my next maintenance (I think my valves need adjusting) it will get better MPG.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Enthusiast

So I went to the dealer today armed with my dealer recall notice and the TSB that I was thankful gchockry posted, and then I was told that my car did not qualify for the Calibration control update. I showed them the TSB that clearly included my VIN number, and they said it was not in their system on my car. So I called honda customer relations, and they verified that my car did need the update, especially to get the new tax credit. Honda admitted that they had not yet updated their system so that it showed up in the service system as needing the update. My dealer apologized and said they had already turned away one other HAH owner that day. So then after having my car for two hours, they came back to say that their update system, a computer that downloads updates from Honda, had not been working all day, and that I would have to come back next week. So, word of warning to everyone - Honda has not yet updated the service system, so your dealer may not know that your car needs the update. But most importantly, Honda verified that you MUST have proof of the update for your higher tax credit. If you want to check, cars that have been updated have a small punch above the first letter of the VIN in the engine compartment. (after my dealer lied and said I had already had the update, I showed them the lack of punch). Good luck everyone. I'll let you know after next week about the FE.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

I brought my car in for the upgrade today. It took about 45 minutes. Afterwards, it seemed like I got about a 10% increase in FE today compared with yesterday. However it was unbearably hot here today (approaching 100 F) so I expect that with more normal temps it might be higher. I will post my FE for my first tank after the upgrade.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

dmweinst129,

Looking forward to hearing your report. My fingers are crossed hoping it was a positive upgrade regarding performance and mpgs.

Tony

Old 08-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

I went to my second dealer today to try to get my software updated. Despite having the 862nd Accord Hybrid built in 2006, they said my car has not officially been recalled yet. When we got past that, they said that they did not yet have the software from Honda, but should in the next week or two. They asked me to come back then. The dealer told me that most of the Accord Hybrids will probably be recalled in mid-September.
Interesting .....

Old 08-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

So on the door, it only says the month & year it was produced, right?

If so, mine say 04 /'06, so I presume it's update already, right?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Calling any post-April 2006 owners!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands