2006 HAH owner w/nav

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2006 HAH owner w/nav

just an update from me for the new owners. I was the first in the midwest to have the vehicle, took delivery on 1/21/06. I now have 38K on it. I average 39 mpg on the highway, and always use cruise at around 74 mph, and thats up and down the hills in Wisconsin.. When I'm in Chicago for the week, I average 44 doing the exact same thing, but they have some very flat roads. I drive the highway mostly since I put on 2000 miles a month, or so. great for me, but not everyone drives hignway, I tell everyone that if you drive city, this car is not for you. save the money, and buy the V6 EX. Now for the issue....The resale on the car has made me very mad....Dealers say they cant sell the 2005-2006, 2007's are just sitting on the lots.. Wholesale pricing is around $17500, and it does not matter for the nav system. I paid $3000 for that option alone, and now its worth nothing....Has anyone else expierenced this as well????

Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HAH owner w/nav

It sounds like you are happy with your HAH so why not drive it and not worry about it's resale value, There are few consumer items that appreciate in value that we use everyday such as our homes(well most of the time!) so enjoy your car while getting that great mileage.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Enthusiast

Well, yes I understand, but for the money why should I take a $5300 upfront cost, and then come to find out its worth the same as a V6 EX...
I bought my at invoice $30500 with Nav. and I could have bought the V6 EX $25200 maybe even less. That's all I am saying here. We all should have gotten a tax break also, but again, the Federal govt. got us agian. This all has to do with the market, and Honda not selling this vehicle like they should have. We all as owners should try to keep the private party pricing up as high as possible, and not trade them in. This will then in fact keep out vehicles out of the auctions, and then the dealers have no choice but to pay our rates....Like us, there are more people to come to this vehicle, but we have to NOT trade in, just sell private party...Well enough said, I guess I am not happy that a V6 EX owner can upgrade to our vehicle with no extra money involved, NOT right....

Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Major Uranium Miner

Originally Posted by mirekjanowiak
Well, yes I understand, but for the money why should I take a $5300 upfront cost, and then come to find out its worth the same as a V6 EX...
I bought my at invoice $30500 with Nav. and I could have bought the V6 EX $25200 maybe even less. That's all I am saying here. We all should have gotten a tax break also, but again, the Federal govt. got us agian. This all has to do with the market, and Honda not selling this vehicle like they should have. We all as owners should try to keep the private party pricing up as high as possible, and not trade them in. This will then in fact keep out vehicles out of the auctions, and then the dealers have no choice but to pay our rates....Like us, there are more people to come to this vehicle, but we have to NOT trade in, just sell private party...Well enough said, I guess I am not happy that a V6 EX owner can upgrade to our vehicle with no extra money involved, NOT right....
You have hit on the big financial dilema for hybrids. Usually over the life of the vehicle the added cost of getting the hybrid doesn't get paid back with lower fuel costs. I know that I am similar to many hybrid owners and that the purchase was made for other reasons than economics like emmissions, and geek techo envy.

IMHO one always gets a better sale privately than through a dealer. I stick a for sales sign with the Blue Book high and low details. Then I drive the car around a lot to malls, theater, rail stations. The deal I desire and have always gotten is mid way between - usually in less than a week. Way better than the dealer offers. The last few cars I have purchased I didn't even bother negotiating a trade.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: 2006 HAH owner w/nav

I think I see what you are saying in your Post regarding resell of your HAH.

What you are hearing is going to be just the way it is because for one thing Honda "Dropped-the-HAH" after 2007 Model Year.

Another thing is that the New 2008 Honda Accord just came out.

So as other posters have said, enjoy your HAH and forget about talking the HIT on what it is worth as far as trade in.

I just purchased a 2007 HAH with Nav. and all the other options Honda offers. What I am not going to do is Trade-It back in.

Infact I will go as far as saying IMO I am not all that ate up over the New 2008 Honda Accord. I personally prefer the look of the 2007 and Down Models. But that is just me.

To each his own.

I really am satisfied with my Purchase and intend on keeping it.

Here is one for you to think of. The 2008 V-6 has 268 HP and if you would run 93-Octane Gas in the Hybrid it adds another 10-HP for a Total of 263 HP. So I'll take the Accord Hybrid and its increased FE over the 2008 V-6 Accord.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Your HAH is both faster and more eficient than the 2008 accords. To be even more precise, it's faster than the V6 and more efficient than the V4!

Here are the ratings from Consumer Reports:
2005 HAH: 0-60 in 6.9 sec, 18/37 city/high (that's what CR got in testing)
2008 V6: 0-60 in 7.4 sec, 15/30 city/highway
2008 V4: 0-60 in 9.8 sec, 15/34 city/highway

Also, I got my used 2005 HAH w/nav with 32k miles for about $17k in Feb, 2008. I plan on driving it into the ground!!!