HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Xenon headlights install

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!
Default Re: Xenon headlights install

Originally Posted by mexiken
Do you know where I can find said projector housings for the HCH II ????
I found them on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/06-civic-head...sPageNameZWLRS

Old 11-10-2006, 04:22 PM
World's First Hybrid

Those on ebay just look like halogen projector headlight lenses. Unless the housing has HID embossed on the lens it can't be used for HID lamps. You may be able to retrofit a lens assembly from an Acura TSX. None of the Honda's (except the S2000) come with the HID option so there may be no OEM parts. If there were, they would cost about $600 per lens assembly. These parts are very expensive, which is why they get stolen quite frequently from other models.

additional edit: If you do find one that fits, you will have to change the relay and possibly the fusing for the HID ballasts because HID's will have an initial current draw of about 30amps each, which could damage your original wiring and relay.

Last edited by ralph_dog; 11-10-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well I have had the xenon lights installed on my HCH II for the better part of 3 months now, with NO problems as far as wiring goes. And to be honest, I don't think the glare is very bad. I haven't gotten flashed by people thinking I have my high beams on, I think the cop just wanted to give out a ticket, probably trying to meet his quota.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:34 AM

But in your experiences felix, did it help out with the glare and did it make the cutoff nicer ????

Old 11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have xenons on two BMW 3-series. They were nice and provided much better night vision than a thirs 3-series we had without them, but...

I find the HCHII's lights to be more that adequate at night.

Do you find different or do you guys just have the modding bug?

Old 11-13-2006, 02:16 AM

Definitely DON'T have the modding bug when it comes to my HCH II. I didn't even want to install the K&N filter, ha ha. I won't change my own oil, yet I've done it with EVERY other car I've ever owned. The difference is literally like night and day. Even friends noticed that my lights were nicer and let me see farther down the road. Some are jealous. I'm nearsighted, and I have astigmatism. That, coupled with the fact that my eyes aren't the greatest at night as far as adjusting to the dark, made me want to get them. Plus, the cool factor of having HID's on a car really pushed me (I almost went with the Prius for this feature, plus the bluetooth, plus the rear folding seat). But the styling of this car is just unmatched by any other hybrid.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just remember that any conversion kit will probably lack the one key component, and that is: projection lens. If you take your standard halogen light housing, and put an HID light, what you end up doing, is blinding everybody coming at you. Not a smart move and probably the reason why it's not legal.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 AM

I've done some testing at night with my car stationary at night and driving by it as far as a half mile away, and I can say that the stock light housing is actually NOT THAT bad at cutting down the glare. I've seen pictures of ones MUCH worse, ones considered blinding. I haven't gotten flashed like I have my high beams on. Many older Civic housings were NOTORIOUS for their terrible light housing, and the glare they produced. But the new HCH II's housing isn't the worst, considering its a halogen housing. The problem is, there is SOME glare, not really anything blinding, but if I can do anything to cut that out, then I will. For safety and looks. By the way, anyone know how to aim our headlights ????

Old 11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
World's First Hybrid

There are adjuster screws located on the rear of the housings that will move them up/down/left/right.

Here in MA, the yearly vehicle inspection will fail if the headlights are not matched to the reflector assemblies. Some inspectors will not catch it but the older experienced ones will. This means that you will get an "R" sticker (reject) and then have to restore the headlights back to original in order to pass inspection.

Have pity on us old farts who have more headlight glare vision problems at night than you younger bucks do.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:01 PM

That was actually my next question, how to adjust the aiming of the lights. They are at the rear you say ???? Anything a little more specific ???? I haven't really checked out that area, and I'm about to walk outside and try.

Quick Reply: Xenon headlights install

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands