HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Wish I new it all!
Default Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

I am a recent hybrid convert, decided to go "green" on St. Patty's day, what better day is there than the greenest day of the year? However I bought new wheels and tires and am thinking about selling the stock ones. Has anyone had any luck selling them on ebay or craigslist? I have never tried to sell anything online before, and being from the Chicago area there probably isn't as much demand for 2008 Civic Hybrid Wheels and Dunlop low rolling resistence tires as in another greener parts of the country. Any advice, or is it just not worth the effort?

Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

Alot of us like those wheels!!! H

Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Wish I new it all!

Harold:

I'm sorry that you took my post as a "put down" to the wheels that a lot of you like, that was not the intent. I understand the reasons behind the design of the wheels and the low rolling resistence of the tires, it just wasn't aesthetically for me. And I have been reading these forums for a while now and I have read how others have changed theie wheels and others have told them to let the wheels grow on them, but it just wasn't for me. I am the type of person that can't have the same exact car as someone else and one of the easiest changes is to change the wheels and tires to something more unique. And I understand the ramifications that I might reduce my MPG, but would you rather I be driving a Civic Hybrid with slightly reduced MPG or the Dodge Charger R/T that I just got rid of?

Brent

Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Enthusiast

Brent,
Selling wheels and tires on ebay is a piece of cake. I'd recommend selling the tires separately from the wheels. You could ship the wheels in the same boxes that came with the new wheels you just bought. The tires can be shipped taped in pairs.
A quick search on ebay shows a complete set of hybrid wheels selling for $100-300. Alternatively you could sell them individually. Sometimes ppl like to buy single wheels to replace curb damaged rims.
I've sold about 50 items on ebay. The key to great sales is clear pictures and a low or no reserve. It also helps to make sure the auction doesn't end at 3:00 am in the morning.

Jeramie

Old 03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Wish I new it all!

Jeramie:

Thanks for the help, great advice!

Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Brent, I did not take it as a put down, I was tring to say the wheels should sell easy, because alot of us like these wheels. Good luck with the sale! H

Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Wish I new it all!

Harold:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I guess I just expected to get flack for changing one of the fuel saving features of the car.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I sold the stock wheels off of my hybrid for $350. It took a while to find a buyer, but once I did, the buyer bought them straight away. I would recommend Craigslist to advertise them.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Wish I new it all!

Orient Express:

Did you sell the tires too? And if so did you sell them together or separetely? From the small photos I see of your car it looks like you went with wheels off a Civic EX, which I would assume are 16", so I would guess you sold the tires as well.

One other thing, if you sell on Craigslist can you only list in your state or can you list in others as well, I don't mind if I have to ship them, and I don't want to limit my market too much.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I sold the rims and tires as a package.

Yes you can list on multiple craigslist city sites. I use Craigslist because it is free and local. ebay has the widest reach, but it will cost you to advertise. BTW if you accept PayPal as payment, be sure to factor in the service charge in your shipping costs.

Quick Reply: Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands