Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

Most people sell the wheels only, Brent. H

Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Wish I new it all!

i was thinking i would maybe try to sell the tires as a set of four separate from the rims with the chance that someone with an 2006 might need new tires and would buy them all. as for the rims i still don't know if i should sell them individually so if someone has just one damaged wheel they can buy just one, or as a set. i will have to start looking into craigslist and see how it works.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:34 AM

You may consider keeping the wheels, for when you trade the car in. It is a signature item.

Good luck.

P.S. FWIW, I use aftermarket rims for my snow tires and the saucers in the summer. Maybe you could do the opposite.

P.P.S. Now directly go and post pictures of you car with your new rims please. Do not pass go.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Wish I new it all!

noflash:

i have concerned keeping them for that one reason, maybe i could sell the tires and keep the wheels only. if i wanted to use them for snow tires i would have to get different tires anyways, since the dunlops aren't any good for a chicago winter. i could also turn them into some sort of furniture for my basement that i am finishing, maybe cool end tables, or something. either way, i have to go back to discount tire to have them take the TPMS sensors out of the stock ones and put them in the aftermarket wheels, which they didn't do the first time, and i didn't realize when i left because it was still sensing them in my trunk and back seat.

i will post pictures later today, i am at work now and don't have the means.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Enthusiast

just wanted to ask the question... is it common for hybrid owners to purchase a set of winter tires/wheels?

thanks!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baludwiguwm
I am a recent hybrid convert, decided to go "green" on St. Patty's day, what better day is there than the greenest day of the year? However I bought new wheels and tires and am thinking about selling the stock ones. Has anyone had any luck selling them on ebay or craigslist? I have never tried to sell anything online before, and being from the Chicago area there probably isn't as much demand for 2008 Civic Hybrid Wheels and Dunlop low rolling resistence tires as in another greener parts of the country. Any advice, or is it just not worth the effort?
I'd be curious what you replaced them with. Everyone has their own taste and wheel designs change quickly, so keeping up with all the wheel options and sizes is challenging. Just curious as I am also looking at upgraded/larger wheels.

tdsoup

Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM

I purchased a set of wheels from someone that did not like the pie-plates. I was very happy to get them for my winter tires. I now have a set of spoked wheels for a garage sale! H

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Wish I new it all!

i have a set of 18"x7.5" Konig Rims with BF Goodrich Tires. I can tell you they handle a lot better than the stock dunlops. The one time I had to drive my HCH with the stock dunlops in the snow it was quite bad. I have since driven the BF Goodrich tires in the snow and they handled beautifully. i would definitely recommend winter tires if you drive anywhere that has snow, if not heavy rain.

word of warning though, expect to lose a couple MPGs, that was something that I was comfortable with, but others might not be.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 PM

I have a set of pie-plates for winter and a set for summer. H

Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on buying a new Civic Hybrid!! Hopefully you'll love it, I'm on my second Civic Hybrid and know it to be a smart purchase with the combination of Honda reliability and great gas mileage. Here's to many more safe miles...

Quick Reply: Wheel/Tire Selling Advice

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands