HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Vandalism To Your Hybrid?

My girlfriend is from Amsterdam, i'm afraid to park there because the people there don't give a #%^& about cars. (everybody uses Public Transportatio)

My "father in law" has a car now appr. 5 years old and less than 10.000 iles on it. It looks like a roadside wreck just because of everbody slamming there doors, bikes shoppingtrollies etc in it.

Its every car enthousiast it worst nightmare!

Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

3 months after purchasing my hybrid, it got keyed on one door. My friend who happens to own a body shop was able to fix the problem. It just reminds me of the movie Pulp Fiction and what I would do if caught the idiot.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Once, when I left my car in a parking garage in the city overnight, someone left a nearly full mini-can of Mountain Dew on my roof. I thought to myself- gee, odd things happen in city parking garages at night. But I suppose if I hadn't noticed it and had just started driving, the car would probably have ended up covered in Mountain Dew. It could have been vandalism or some sort of prank, perhaps. Or just someone who is casual about garbage. I don't usually park downtown overnight- do these kinds of things happen a lot in cities, do you think?

I would be surprised to find someone going through lots trying to vandalize hybrids, specifically. Around here, at least, it could be hard to find one. Also, parked cars don't generate a ton of anger. Was she parked in an obnoxious spot? That seems more likely to me- parking over the line, or in front of something people wanted to get to, or just some silly kids with who knows what reason for their destructive energy?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Within 3 weeks someone stuck gum on the hood of my car. Not just stuck it but zigzagged it some and up one side of my windshield. I wished I knew about goo gone to get rid of the stuff before already applying much elbow grease to get rid of just one of the zigs. With goo gone it wiped off just like mud.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

Someone has tried to peel off all four of my California HOV lane stickers, and even take off my entire rear bumper (that contains 3 of the 4 stickers). Jealous bastards . . .

Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Energy Independence

Wow.
Lots of personal stories.
I feel lucky in that I have had NO vandalism/prankster incidents with the Hybrid.
I had the Jaguar "leaper" hood ornament stolen off our old Jag once , and a tailgate keyed on an old Nissan truck, but nothing in quite a while.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Cool I found this on the front windshield

Hybrid Envy, or just licking bugs?