HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Unlimited Auto Stops with new software!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Unlimited Auto Stops with new software!

I thought I'd break this topic out from all the other software update threads. Has anybody noticed that we now have unlimited auto stops with the new software?

For three years I've accelerated to 9-10 mph in traffic after two auto stops so that the computer resets the count and gives me more auto stops. However, while sitting in a drive thru two days ago, the HCH auto stopped at least 10 times!!!! The temp was around 70F, 5 bars of charge, no AC, and fully warm engine.

The new update pisses me off beyond belief with forced recalls 2-3 times per week, but the unlimited auto stops takes a little bit of the edge off.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Unlimited Auto Stops with new software!

I know what you're saying: auto stops in stop-and-go. My understanding was you had to get above 7km when you restarted, otherwise you got 1, maybe 2 additional Auto Stops, then it would keep running. Interesting.

I do know one of the aims of the update was to put additional limitations on AutoStops, preventing AutoStop if your charge is below 4 bars.

Just to nag: I hate drive-thrus, the whole concept, and what it's doing to fuel consumed, much prefer to pull in and park, and go up to their counter.

I've got to say I'm starting to feel disconnected on HCHII topics: we've just picked up a Prius, and let go of our 2006 HCHII, though it's till "in the family", hopefully it won't crap out in it's new hands.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Think green.

Awww, don't feel disconnected, Mendel.

With your knowledge of the HCH II from being a former owner, your opinions and anecdotes are still valuable in the HCH forums. We don't mind if you hang out here in the Honda forums, ya traitor (just kidding). Good luck with your new car!

As for the auto-stop behavior changing after an update, I don't know about the HCH II, but I was reading recently online that in the UK Honda made an update to the Insight II to lengthen the amount of time it is allowed to stay in auto-stop, so I guess anything is possible.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 11-14-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Newb

Yeah, I noticed I didn't have to go above 11km/h in order to get more than 2 auto stops but I didn't have the chance to try for more than 3 or 4...

Old 11-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My 06 is like this as well. Always has been even before the latest updates. H