HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Sun shades large enough for HCHII windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!
Default Re: Sun shades large enough for HCHII windshield?

I had that on my van before. It does obstruct your vision.... I took it out because of it. It makes your pillar even larger... On top of that i added the in channel deflectors... which it even made the pillar larger! But to answer your question, those type of shades do obstruct your vision....

Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by felixdacat
i got mine from Autosport Catalog, here's the link:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/inde...d=277&addcar=1

they also have a cheaper one:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=331

It's a bit pricey but it's well worth it. Fit's like a glove under the window. The only problem is that it feels like it's made of a really hard cardboard, so when i fold it up (accordian style) it's fit's best in the trunk.
Yep, felix, that $50 one (your first link) is the one made by Covercraft. I just bought it from them direct. I agree, it IS still really awkward when folded. This is all due to the really tall Civic windshield. I slide it over the arm-rest and into the footwell in front of my empty rear seats. If someone were to be in the rear seats, I'd put it in the trunk. But it fits nearly perfectly, and really helps with the heat. It is much better at repelling the heat than a generic $10 Wal-mart one that I tried. Heat IS the enemy here in TX

Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hi there, I ordered a sunshade designed specifically for the HCH II and received it the other day - it's fantastic - and only $25.

It is not accordion - it fits flush to the window.

Using the sunshades to keep it in place - it's perfect - and easy to maneuver, rolls up without a problem + has a velcro strap to wrap around to make secure - fits nicely on floor in back.

You can get it here:

http://tinyurl.com/fw5ed

and scroll to bottom of page.

cheers!

ps - they have excellent customer service / fast shipping and I have no association with them except I just made my first purchase last week.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Energy Independence

I've seen that one, too, sketcher.
Some Honda dealers sell one that looks identical, for $30-$40. I wonder if it is the same.
Glad you like it. It looks nice. I'm just partial to Covercraft, I guess, and know they make a great sunshade.
This windshield is just SO big that you want to cover ALL of it. Mine does. Looks like yours does, too.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

I also have the covercraft one. They're not cheap, but well worth it, they make a big difference. I bought mine from www.ajusa.com, $42.01 shipped. After I got the one for my Civic we had to get two more for the other vehicles in my household... ironically the one for the Civic is by far the largest.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

I got mine for USD3.50. It's those aluminium reflective type, works and fits great. It got japaneses words on it but made in China.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine online, it's called a Heatshield and it was about $50 with shipping.

Mark