HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Replacement Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacement Tires

Originally Posted by Rich
Thanks for your clear and helpful explanation.

I am not trying to save money on tires; the tires I am thinking of are actually more expensive than the Dunlops.

I am interested in better wet traction and a smoother, quieter ride. That is why I am looking at the Goodyear Assurance ComforTreds which get very high marks on Tirerack.

Of course, I want to lose as few mpg's as possible, but understand that I will lose some, hopefully no more than 10%. My mpg is consistently 48-50.
I bought the sumimoto because the dunlops were crap in the rain... now it's night and day difference. Wider is bad because this will effect FE. The narrower the tire, the more efficient it will be.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacement Tires

Originally Posted by Rich
Thanks for your clear and helpful explanation.

I am not trying to save money on tires; the tires I am thinking of are actually more expensive than the Dunlops.

I am interested in better wet traction and a smoother, quieter ride. That is why I am looking at the Goodyear Assurance ComforTreds which get very high marks on Tirerack.

Of course, I want to lose as few mpg's as possible, but understand that I will lose some, hopefully no more than 10%. My mpg is consistently 48-50.
Rich,

Did you replace your tires yet? Did you get the comfortreds? I was considering those as well and wondered what the MPG impact was.