HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

@livvie,
you wrote:
Would you really buy a CTS over any Audi/BMW/Merc? Just check out the A5, it has a WOW factor that most domestic cars severely lack.

Having owned a Mercedes-Benz, I can tell you I would stay far away from it(MB). One of my co-workers has a BMW and she had that thing in the shop for a month last year and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Audi is another story, my restate agent has one and it has been nothing but trouble for him also...

I would give Cadillac a chance, GM has a lot to lose if they don't improve their product line. Just like Hyundai, their only chance was the same and now they make a **** good looking cars with an industry setting warranty. Even Honda won't extend their warranty to 10 years.... I have had nothing but trouble free operation with my Honda/Acuras but Honda could at least upgrade to what everyone else is doing....

(Yeah that Solstice/Sky is one good looking car )

Old 02-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Part Time Hybrids

Originally Posted by arbittan
Like I stated in my previous post, I would like to own a Solstice/Sky and a Vue. Saturn has come a long way from their plastic cars of yester-year. The Solstice/Sky both use a 4 cylinder engine non-turbo. So it should do the trick for open air fun and environmental friendly at the same time

The Vue would be used for weekend project or hauling items that cannot fit in either car.
Funny you mention the Sky/VUE.

Just read a yahoo article recently on cars with deceptive efficiency. Both those names made the list. The Sky especially because the Redline version gets better mpg numbers than the normal engine!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM

I believe the Saturn Redline series all use Honda Engines. I remember the first Vue Redline did.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
So is the s2000 a two seater livvie and you like it! Why not the Insight. H
Well the s2000 was a weekend car and was also the 3rd car... 2 too many.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes, that is a problem for a lot of us?H

Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 AM

@livvie,
you wrote:
Would you really buy a CTS over any Audi/BMW/Merc? Just check out the A5, it has a WOW factor that most domestic cars severely lack.

Having owned a Mercedes-Benz, I can tell you I would stay far away from it(MB). One of my co-workers has a BMW and she had that thing in the shop for a month last year and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Audi is another story, my restate agent has one and it has been nothing but trouble for him also...

I would give Cadillac a chance, GM has a lot to lose if they don't improve their product line. Just like Hyundai, their only chance was the same and now they make a **** good looking cars with an industry setting warranty. Even Honda won't extend their warranty to 10 years.... I have had nothing but trouble free operation with my Honda/Acuras but Honda could at least upgrade to what everyone else is doing....

(Yeah that Solstice/Sky is one good looking car )
I have never owned an MB but I have friends that do and I don't recall them complaining about it. I am sure there are lemons in every brand. As for Honda not offering 10 years... why should they? Their name speaks for themselves. The fact that they build a quality car and it goes well beyond their warranty is good enough for most folks. Hyundai on the other hand are FORCED to offer 10 years because of the crap they originally offered to the US.

Another thing about domestic cars, when the solstice was first shown, it took YEARS to get it to the public. IMO it lost some of the hype when it finally made it to the dealerships.

The MAIN reason is GM wanted to perfect the quality and efficiency of their production line (for this car). Cars where assembled and disassembled multiple times to get this right. GM didn't want another quality disaster repeat.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:22 PM

I know three people with MLs that absolutely suck. I have not heard any comments (+ or -) about any other Mercedes'.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 AM
USAF Retired

Consumer Reports have most M-Bs at the bottom when it comes to reliability.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:11 AM

@livvie,
"I have never owned an MB but I have friends that do and I don't recall them complaining about it."

It seems Mercedes-Benz has this crowd of people that even though they have problems with the car, they don't report it to friends, coworkers, family for fear of embarrassment.

It would be upper-class taboo

Personally, how would you feel if you just purchased a 70,000-90,000 vehicle and it had nothing but problems? hehe

It's like people who simple adore Starbucks... its just coffee people!!

My service advisor hated seeing me when I kept coming back to the dealer with another problem. The cashier and I had a running joke, She would say see you next week and I would say, "count on it"

Old 02-28-2008, 10:39 AM

@livvie,
"I have never owned an MB but I have friends that do and I don't recall them complaining about it."

It seems Mercedes-Benz has this crowd of people that even though they have problems with the car, they don't report it to friends, coworkers, family for fear of embarrassment.

It would be upper-class taboo

Personally, how would you feel if you just purchased a 70,000-90,000 vehicle and it had nothing but problems? hehe

It's like people who simple adore Starbucks... its just coffee people!!

My service advisor hated seeing me when I kept coming back to the dealer with another problem. The cashier and I had a running joke, She would say see you next week and I would say, "count on it"
I guess...but it could also be they didn't have a problem. Consumer report is flawed in that if you do spend that kind of cash for a luxury car, you are more likely to report every single problem (however minor), where as if you paid for an Accord/Camry you are less likely to report something silly.

I know I would. In fact with my HCH I, I have a rattle to this day that I never took to the dealership. It's the stupid A pillar plastic rattle problem. Just need some backing to prevent it from rattling. I know for sure had it been a 80K dollar car, it would be at the dealership asap.

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands