HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Great Mileage and Green
Default Re: Rant of the Month

I've not had any negative experiences with taking my car to the dealership. I've gone twice, the first oil change was covered as an incentive they have on-going, and the second visit was for the B1 maintenance which cost $103. I received four oil changes over two years at no cost when I purchased the vehicle, so until 2009 I won't have the normal $54.95 oil change for the Hybrid.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Definitely your mileage will vary amongst car dealers. Unfortunately, a lot of people that come from driving premium name plates expect a certain amount of transistion.

It amazes me that in today's car market, some dealers do not go above and beyond. Razor thin margins are one thing, but then, for dealers that sell Hondas or Toyotas, they are volume based in sales. Dealers that sell Acuras and Lexus, are not 100% bound to volume sales. They want these type of people happy with the purchase.

I know I can afford a much more expensive car but I choose to purchase the Civic for the gas mileage improvements and other smaller factors. It's ashame that the east coast dealers where I am at do not have an after sales customer first approach. After knowing how this dealer is after they sell you their car, it most likely be the last time I purchase a car from their company (not just their Honda dealership).

Hopefully by time I am ready to move on to my next car, Acura will have a Hybrid or alternative fuel version (of any car).

Old 04-11-2008, 09:20 AM

??

Old 04-11-2008, 04:51 PM

There is safety in numbers. High-volume models should have more service options in your region and therefore more competition for your service dollars to keep them more straight. Luxury and niche brands can have a take it or leave it attitude towards their market.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Part Time Hybrids

Originally Posted by arbittan
IT IS FINALLY HERE, ANDREW’S RANT OF THE MONTH!!

What is with car dealerships that believe that they know more about how to service your car than what is recommenced by the manufacture? This is the topic of my “Rant of the Month”.
A dealership wants to make a profit. Your the source of income. If all Honda's were as reliable as we assume then the service department wouldn't be very profitable now would it

So what have been your experiences with dealerships servicing your Hybrid? Do they give you the Lexus treatment or do they see sucker written on your forehead?

Thank you,
Honestly I feel the the American dealers offered better and more honest service. I mean with all the service visits you need for old domestics they have no need of cheap tactics to scam you for cash.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sungod18
A dealership wants to make a profit. Your the source of income. If all Honda's were as reliable as we assume then the service department wouldn't be very profitable now would it
That's why dealerships hate EVs- no oil/fluid changes (except washer), a lot less moving parts to break down, and brakes that last longer than our hybrids'!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:08 AM

As to the point that some dealers are willing to go the extra mile for you and others just want to sell you a pile of crap.

Luckily, Honda has been showing their new car line up for 2009 and 2010 and I will be keeping my Hybrid a while longer. Honda is lacking in the design department as of late. If you look at their line up, none of their cars match each other anymore. There is no identifiable generation similarities.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:31 AM

There is an important issue afoot on GreenHybrid, with topics scattered around various forums. It strikes as a potentially divisive issue for hybrid owners and could make for source material for a rant. It's about pedestrian safety and the silence of hybrid cars propelled in electric-only mode. It doesn't have applicability to the IMA, but our voices should count for something too.

Sample

Old 04-17-2008, 07:07 AM

Spinner, that would make a good topic. In MD where I am from there is current legislation to require Hybrids to identify themselves. (Blind / Pedestrian Safety).

I guess I could go for a external speaker that constantly mutters the words "I am a Hybrid" over and over!!

Though I think that might exacerbate other drivers into road rage (Mainly SUV owners)

Old 04-22-2008, 10:43 AM

It is almost here!!

Another great rant from ME..

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands