HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Update:

Took my HCH II into the dealer (I had an Accord and HCHI from them, too). The service department was great. Dropped the car off the night before, and at 8 a.m. the next day, they called to say they had it and were investigating. At 8:30 they said they would reset the regulator (?) in the window, and if that didn't work, they'd replace it.

They ended up replacing the regulator, but NOT the window. Fix done by noon.

Happy Camper.

Lansing

Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Good to hear Lansing.

I recently noticed that the weather stripping on the outside of the window was bent inwards, keeping the window from going all the way up. I bent it back out and haven't had the issue since.
Don't know how that happened, but I'm glad I resolved it, at least for now.

Jess

Old 01-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

I just took my HCHII to the dealer and they replaced the window as per bulletin X-4-06. This is in Canada. These appear to be the parts on the invoice:

8261A0 Replace front left window regulator:
1 72250-SNA-A02 Reg Assy, L Fr.
1 73350-SNC-C12 Glass Assy L Fr.

8261A0A Replace run channel, driver's door
1 72275-SNA-A11 run channel L Fr

FC: 030-B01
4 72275-SNA-A01

This was done no charge.

This was only just done Monday so I don't know how well this has worked. I've had the window auto-reverse several time since, but it hasn't come out of the track. It seems to make more motor noise than before.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just experienced a problem with my window as well recently. The other day I had the window down about 3/4 of the way. I decided to roll it back up (Auto-up) and just about when it was going to reach to the top, automatically it came back all the way down. I have noticed it do this a couple of times now. I dont know if it has to do with the window being tinted ?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Enthusiast

That's what I first noticed with mine, with auto-up it would go 3/4 of the way up, then reverse again. My window is not tinted. However, it is still doing that after the track, window and regulator replacement. I'll wait a bit and see if it continues. That's annoying and likely related to the coming out of the track. When it comes out of the track, the window comes out about an inch at the top back corner.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rwslemko
That's what I first noticed with mine, with auto-up it would go 3/4 of the way up, then reverse again. My window is not tinted. However, it is still doing that after the track, window and regulator replacement. I'll wait a bit and see if it continues. That's annoying and likely related to the coming out of the track. When it comes out of the track, the window comes out about an inch at the top back corner.
This is precisely what I experienced, too. The window would go down 3/4 of the way and autoreverse. Sometimes it would happen on the way up, too.

The dealer seemed pretty familiar with the situation. When asked to describe the particular symptoms, they almost completed the sentences for me.

It was an easy fix that took an hour or two. According to them, the first stab was to reset the regulator. That didn't work, so they replaced it.

Everything's fine now. Hope you're able to get good resolution.

Lansing

Old 01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think they need to just suck it up and recall them for the window regulators. Given the population of HCH drivers on this forum that have seemed to experience the same situation, one would imagine that those not here have as well. For all the good engineering that went into this car, it seems like their window regulators are, for lack of better word, CRAP.

When are they gonna build the car, that puts the windows down based on our thinking that we want the window down??

Old 01-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did a search on line about driver's side window on civics coming off track. I couldn't believe how many I found. It came to be routine for some of the drivers, pulling the door panel off and "fixing" it.

It's really rather ridiculous.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Enthusiast

Oh wow. I've had the driver's side window popping out problem on my HCH... eventually it got itself back in the track, though, and it hasn't been a problem since. [knock on wood]

Old 10-13-2008, 07:23 AM
For my daughter

An update on my side about it. The last (and 3th) visit to the dealer this time specifically for this problem, they finally took it seriously and resolved the problem. They changed one or the two rails.

PierreM

Quick Reply: Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands