HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

The window needs to be taken out so for insurance reasons (someone can confirm this). Your dealer sends the window back to Honda of America.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jess
That's exactly my point. $50 plus having to drive 30mins out of my way before work in the morning, drop the car off and drive 30mins out of my way to pick it up again after work. I'm considering going over the dealer's heads and contacting Honda myself about it.
Jess...whatever happened here? I am stalling on getting my window fixed because I don't want to have to replace the tint. Any one else gone through this WITHOUT being required to actually replace the window??

Thanks...

Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 AM
HypoFueler

They did not changeout my window. i dont have tint either.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartybrutus
They did not changeout my window. i dont have tint either.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know they didn't switch out the window? Did they tell you that they didn't? I imagine the windows all look the same.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:06 PM
HypoFueler

said they did not change it out. this one looked different to me - it was closed

Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well then, maybe it's just a matter of finding a dealer that will not switch out the window. Might as well take advantage of the inconsistencies of dealers' services.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Energy Independence

My window has tint, and it was not changed when they fixed my issue.
It's possible that multiple issues occur, and that for some they must replace the entire window (although I find that unlikely). I think it more likely that you have a dealer that doesn't know what the REAL problem is, and is insistent on replacing the window as part of their "solution." I'd get a second opinion before letting this "surgeon" operate!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had issues less than 2 months after getting my HCH in April. I had issues with both front windows. The driver side did exactly what you are mentioning, and the replaced the regulator & run channels. I don't know that they replaced the window, but I'm not positive. I don't recall it being on the paperwork, so I'd be leaning towards that they did not.

I was able to get the window up, but only by not doing 'auto up' and holding the button to the first notch instead.

My passenger side was more fun, as it would pop out of the track entirely on its way up. I had to push it hold it in place as I put the window up to ensure that it did not pop out. A real PITA if you ask me!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 AM
For my daughter

I have the same problem. Now with the winter, I don't use it anymore but it will be part of the next oil change appointment. At the last appointment the mecanic had said : "work fine with me." But it just became worst after. I think I will print this thread.

bye,

PierreM.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wick1ert
I had issues less than 2 months after getting my HCH in April. I had issues with both front windows. The driver side did exactly what you are mentioning, and the replaced the regulator & run channels. I don't know that they replaced the window, but I'm not positive. I don't recall it being on the paperwork, so I'd be leaning towards that they did not.

I was able to get the window up, but only by not doing 'auto up' and holding the button to the first notch instead.

My passenger side was more fun, as it would pop out of the track entirely on its way up. I had to push it hold it in place as I put the window up to ensure that it did not pop out. A real PITA if you ask me!
Yeah, that's exactly what mine is doing. I have to take it in before I get stuck with the window DOWN in a rainstorm or in a crowded mall parking lot.

Appreciate the info...

Quick Reply: Power Windows a little erratic on HCH II??

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands