HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: How many would like to see DX/EX/EX-L trims for Hybrid?
I would like to see a Honda Civic Hybrid DX Trim
16.13%
I would like to see a Honda Civic Hybrid EX Trim
48.39%
I would like to see a Honda Civic Hybrid EX-L Trim
70.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Options Poll - Civic Line

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Options Poll - Civic Line

I disagree with your presumption the Hybrid is based on the LX, it is closer to the EX;
Cloth inserts in the door panel.
6 speaker stereo.
Trunk liner on the inner surface of the trunk lid.
Faux metal trim on the steering wheel & doors.
Steering wheel mounted audio controls.
Power port in the console.
but there are things that ONLY come on the HCH.
2 tone interior.
CVT.
Automatic A/C.
so, My vote would be to make it available in LOWER trim lines like LX & DX but I am glad (for me) right now they don't because I am kinda cheap & probably would have gone with the LX & missed out on all the little extras that I have so grown to love .

I am not interested in leather (too hot in the summer & cold in the winter) or a Sunroof (I am 6'3 & don't want the extra heat/sun).
I might go for blackout windows, HID headlights & a upgraded speaker/sub-wolfer package (5.1 surround maybe) if it didn't add $2000 to the price of the car.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Also the HCH is the only Civic with turn signals in the mirror. (and that nice antenna and spoiler that so many of us love!)

Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 PM

Its a culmination of Civics, but externally it is based off of the LX line. (Drum Brakes in the rear, No fold down rear seats, 15" wheels).

Old 11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
HypoFueler

(1) a stick, (2) an IMA disable switch and (3) a CC that allows a few mph tolerance.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:18 PM

The wheels and rear seats are because for FE and the IMA battery, respectively. I don't think it's really "based" on any civic line, but it's more of its own line.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Options Poll - Manual Transmission!

I'd like to see the manual transmission brought back. In comparison to the CVT automatics they are simpler, thereby less expensive, more reliable AND more fuel efficient.

Oh, and did I mention they are also more fun to drive and offer better performance, all other things being equal?

I'm planning on several more years with my 2005 5spd, but when the time comes I would rebuild it (even at substantial expense) before I replaced it with an automatic transmission model.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 AM

I also disagree with the "based on LX" statement. It's a silly argument, but in reality, the "Hybrid" is it's own trim. It has all the bells and whistles it can that don't hurt FE and then some.

So, no heavy sunroof, so heavy oversized wheels, no fold-down rear seat b/c of the battery pack.

Because, it is not a lower trim and because it is unique add bee-stinger antenna, side-mirror turn signals, unique wheels, advanced tech CVT, spoiler, climate control (usually reserved for higher end trims).

FWIW.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:23 PM

Something I wish Honda America would bring to the US model.

- Auto folding side mirrors
- Paddle Shifters (moot on a Hybrid model)
- Heated Side mirrors... ( not only do they have side turn leds on theirs, they also heat...)

Old 11-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Part Time Hybrids

- oh yes heater mirrors!
- full electric run A/C
- A better looking antenna! At least a color coded hump rather than an ugly black cord!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Options Poll - Manual Transmission!

Originally Posted by ovals49
I'd like to see the manual transmission brought back. In comparison to the CVT automatics they are simpler, thereby less expensive, more reliable AND more fuel efficient.
It is VERY unlikely that Honda will ever produce another hybrid platform with a traditional manual transmission. Toyota will certainly NOT do that either.
On Honda's older hybrids, the manual transmission has proven to be the primary reason for early battery failures mostly because fluid battery management is almost impossible... and also owners who often got carried away with the pursuit of high FE did not help much either.

Sorry... no more MT's on hybrids.

Cheers;

MSantos

Quick Reply: Options Poll - Civic Line

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands