HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Opinions on tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Opinions on tires?

Tires, Yes I am looking for recommendations for winter tires on my HCH 11. I have read many posts here but still have no definate tires picked out! Should I get rims as well?,Live on Vancouver Island, Snow,rain (mostly),ice even get some dry roads! Like the studless tires but think they will wear out quickly.Would like to keep fe as well as good rubber,anyone have any suggestions?? Would be appreciated..Thanks

Old 08-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Opinions on tires?

one word... blizzaks. they do a great job. I would go ahead and order an extra set of rims. the snow tires will last a very long time as long as you are good about putting them on at the very start of the season, and taking them off at the very end of the season. The tires will last a long time in snowing conditions, it's the dry weather that kills the snow tire. So if the season is pretty mild, you should think about removing them sooner than later. Worst case, you put the snows back on for the late season snowfall exception.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Opinions on tires?

Wait for the new Blizzaks. The REVOs I got last year have been less popular than the old LM series. The REVOs have been on closeout and a LM-60 (I think) will be a new replacement.

I have uses LMs for years on on my old bimmers and loved them. I was suprised how much less of a snow tire the REVO was, but I wrote it off to lack of TC/SC.

I guess it was the REVO and I wasn't alone in this opinion.