HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Odd Radio Behavior

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Odd Radio Behavior

Everyday on my commute to and from work, I listen to several FM stations and one AM station (for traffic).

Everything was fine on the commute home yesterday; however, this morning, when I turned on the radio, I noticed that I had little or no reception on low frequency FM stations (88.3, 90.9, 92.1) and somewhat fuzzy reception on high frequency FM stations (104.1, 107.3). Furthermore, the AM station I listen to had no reception at all. Nothing changed on my 37 mile commute.

The other strange thing is that, on the FM stations I could actually hear, the volume was fluctuating all over the place. Just to be sure, I turned off the speed sensitive volume control, which had no effect.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

Old 08-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Odd Radio Behavior

It sounds like your antenna is missing!

I have had another problem with my radio. I turn the radio off before I remove the key from the ignition. So I have to turn it back on after I have started the car. In the almost 4 months of having the car I've had it where the volume is zero when I turn the radio on about 3 times now. Usually I have it between 8 and 10, so the first time this happened I thought the radio was dead until I noticed the radio station at the bottom of the navi screen. Anyone notice this situation?

Mark

Old 08-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Odd Radio Behavior

Originally Posted by Meggert
It sounds like your antenna is missing!
I know! The first thing I did when I got out the car was check the antenna. It is secure. I'm at a loss.

I could just be paranoid, but I swear, the other day, the station went down one click from 90.9 to 90.7 on its own. Both hands were on the wheel at the time.