HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New Leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: New Leather interior

Great deal (as you know).
I'll be curious as to how you go about it, too. So take some pics!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Enthusiast

Yes, they are specific to your type of car. So far it has been an exact match as far as how they are coming off and going back on.

New observation for doing the back seat, the black existing clips need to be removed and clipped to the new seat cover then snapped back onto the foam section. It took a little time and frustration before I figured this out.

GiantQuesadilla - I am still looking everywhere for those darn LED lights and am having no luck! You should put together packages and charge double - I would gladly pay for the convenience.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

As far as the heated seat for the front passenger:

My installer told me that it wasn't safe to put the entire heating element over that seat because there are two sensors there that the heater could interfere with.

There is one sensor in the middle that determines the weight of the passenger to decide whether or not to launch the front airbag. If you've ever sat any light cargo there and seen your Passenger Airbag Off light go on, you've seen the sensor in action.

Also there is a sensor on the seat near the door. Leave it to Honda to engineer this one. If the sensor determined the passenger is leaning against the door the car will not launch the side airbag for that passenger.

SO, the installer trimmed the heating element around those sensors and my passenger only get's their back and left cheek heated!

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks noflash!

That is why I love checking this site daily - tons of great info.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

Well, it has been finished for awhile - but has been too cold and nasty to clean up the car and take some pictures. I love the way it turned out, it was a real pain in the butt - but not worth the $1000 it would have cost to have someone else install the kit. I have several tips if someone wants them on how to get this done. The airbag part is no big deal at all - that was my biggest fear, but I talked to the Honda dealership and they told me how to work with them. The little clips are difficult until you have a system for dealing with them - just remove all of them then use two sets of needlenose pliars to reinstall and it takes no time at all. The rest of the install is very easy - but time consuming, it took about 10 hours total to do this. I feel that it is a lot more baby proofed with the leather.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will certainly answer them.

Bo

Old 03-02-2008, 07:08 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

very nice. goodonya.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Looks great. How about pics of the heated seat buttons?

Old 03-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Enthusiast

I did not do the heated seats - the passenger seat is one giant sensor. There are also clips that go in the middle horizontally on all of the seats - it just didn't seem like it would work out - at least easily. It has been very cold here in Iowa - and it really has not bugged me too badly so far.
Bo

Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

The leather looks great! I'm impressed! Nice!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looks great indeed! I've always been afraid to do leather because of the side impact airbags in the front seats. I'd hate to have explosives next to my body malfunction. I'm curious to learn what the dealer told you about the airbags?

Quick Reply: New Leather interior

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands