HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Our 2007 HCHII celebrated its 3rd trouble-free year last month, and continues to amaze and please us with its fuel economy, reliability and attention to detail. We are just at 60K miles, the car still has a lifetime average MPG in the mid-40s, and the last repair was in mid-2008 to do the rear control arm TSB. This is one great car!

Yesterday we discovered yet another feature of the car that we were unaware of.

Given that it is illegal to rain in California except during certain times of the year, we don't have a lot of experience with the windshield wipers. But last night we discovered a feature of the wiper system that we did not know we had.

If the wipers are in the I or II mode, and the car goes into auto-stop at a light, the wipers will go into an intermittent mode. This is pretty cool in my mind.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

I'm with Gary on this. I did not do the control arms on my car cause it does not show any problems at 49K miles. No other problems tell other than my lead footed and lazy ways that keep me from averaging above 55 MPG.

Its a great car.

ks

Old 12-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have never noticed that with my wipers. Will check it out next time it rains.I have nothing bad to say about my 2006 HCH with 38,000 kilometers. Its the best I have ever owned and it is interesting to drive. The only fault I feel is the lack of insulation. I find the tire noise somewhat high compared to other cars I have owned. I will try Michelin tires when my present tire ware out! I'm hoping this solves the problem! Cheers, Hal

Old 12-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm with Gary as well....my HCH will be 2 years and 9 months old next week and have had no issue other than the 2 rear upper control arms replaced as per TSB under warranty. I've got 65,874 km and an average 4.848 L/100 kms.......

It snows and rains a lot here, I discovered the wiper trick at about week 2 of ownership

Cheers

Mike

Old 12-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Arrow Re: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

My car is an admittedly younger '09, but I concur that it is an amazing and impressive full-featured value in a great-looking package. Leather, NAV, Bluetooth, etc., etc., for under 23K – and 45 MPG to boot! The reason I'd only give it two thumbs-up? Because I don't have three thumbs.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Enthusiast

I too am amazed by the wipers and the response to a stop. I used to have to slow my wipers down when I stopped, but I no longer have to now that I have the Civic. I think it is such a thoughtful feature. I'm sure jealous of the bluetooth on your younger model! My car is due for a stereo upgrade soon...so maybe some bluetooth love then.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Same here. Just over 3yrs, 41k miles and lifetime average of 57.5mpg. No issues, except rear control arms, which I replaced under warranty. Same tires & same wipers

I'm one very happy owner.

Jess

Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Arrow Re: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Jess, what are your driving skills or secrets that have earned you an impressive 57.5 lifetime MPG? All of those 41K miles couldn't have been downhill with a tailwind. I'm doing all the 'right' things, but am still getting 20 percent below your score.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

He never drives over 40 mph!

Old 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

He never drives over 40 mph!
That's not all together entirely true... My commute doesn't really require me to drive
over 40mph, but occasionally I have to drive the interstate doing any thing from 55 to 65mph.

I drove from my parent's place back to home on Christmas day, 98% interstate for 45 miles and pulled 68mpg on the nose.

Everything you need to know is at cleanmpg.com beginning with Tarabell's article and over 3 years of practice and dedication.

Jess

Quick Reply: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands